Jane (It'sJaneLindsey)'s Reviews > Gotham Academy, Vol. 1: Welcome to Gotham Academy

Gotham Academy, Vol. 1 by Becky Cloonan

bookshelves: 2016-read

Boarding schools are one of my all-time favorite settings, so I was predisposed to like Gotham Academy. It's been highly recommended by several of my favorite YouTubers with comic-focused channels, so I decided to finally pick up volume 1 and see what the fuss was about. First, I have to say that the art is BEAUTIFUL, and the coloring was so amazing that I had to stop and just take it all in before moving on to the next page. I also really liked that we get a cast of characters in this, instead of the usual superhero vs the world. Olive is the main character and narrator, and things were hinted at in this first volume that make me really excited to see what happens to Olive in later issues. Although there wasn't a lot of closure at the end of this, I liked that we're clearly setting up for a longer, more involved story arc at Gotham Academy.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Gotham Academy, Vol. 1.

June 19, 2016 – Started Reading