Elizabeth's Reviews > Protocol Matters: Cultivating Social Graces in Christian Homes and Schools

Protocol Matters by Sandra Boswell

F 50x66
Feb 29, 2008

bookshelves: latin-classical-christian, parenting-marriage, own

Protocol Matters is an excellent book on etiquette as a part of the Christian's life. It is an excellent resource for parents who want to teach their children how and why to show deference and respect to others, as well as for adults who want to learn themselves.

Protocol is not just about the stuffy "rules" of formal dining. Instead,
"Protocol training promotes the valuable character-building habits of self-control, humility, and thoughtfulness. Good training is practical, providing our children (and ourselves) with a working knowledge of how the Christian worldview applies to social actions, relationships, and culture." Protocol Matters explains how the rules of etiquette allow us to demonstrate God's love in a practical way. It also details what the rules of protocol are for different situations.

This is a great etiquette handbook covering protocol for many situations, ranging from casual to formal. It is thorough in detail, but written well enough to be accessible even to those without training in the social graces. I highly recommend it to anyone who is looking to improve their own social behavior, teach their children or students etiquette, or dig deeper into how etiquette is a practical application of love. I give this book 5 stars.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Protocol Matters.