Rachel Maniacup's Reviews > How to Love

How to Love by Katie Cotugno

liked it
bookshelves: tear-jerker, ya-contemporary
Recommended to Rachel by: Aj the Ravenous Reader

This is my first book of Katie Catugno,and I must say that this author is a talented writer because she writes beautifully..I just didn't like the story line because it didn't much portrayed what the title says(and it's the title that captivated me into reading this). I'm not being judgmental but I guess,I have high hopes and expectations when it comes to contemporary. I thought,the story would flow similarly to "Before We Were Strangers" or something like the "First Comes Love"series-these are stories that show us how to really love someone may that be a friend,family,a career,or a lover,and how they are all blended or connected for better or worse.

And though I didn't like this much,I had to admit that I found this a refreshing read,because there were parts that I adored in the story. One of them is the way Reena, the female MC, handled being a single parent from pregnancy to raising her baby all by herself. She is one tough young lady who suffered a lot of emotions,because of her obsession/love to Sawyer,the father of her baby, Hannah.

The author is absolutely a master of playing reader's emotions,'cause I did cry several times in this book.So,yeah..I'm definitely looking forward to more of Catugno's novels..
Many thanks to my dear little sister,who is always so kind of lending me her books.You may also check her wonderful review on this,which she enjoyed more than I did.^^

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read How to Love.

June 17, 2016 – Started Reading
June 17, 2016 – Finished Reading
June 18, 2016 – Shelved
June 18, 2016 – Shelved as: tear-jerker
June 18, 2016 – Shelved as: ya-contemporary

Comments Showing 1-11 of 11 (11 new)

message 1: by Anne (new)

Anne Great review, Rachel! Even if the book didn't meet your expectations. I hope your next read is so much better :)))

message 2: by Alafiya (new)

Alafiya Awesome review, Rachel. Good to know you liked the book enough to be looking forward to Catugno's other books. :))

Neil (or bleed) Lovely review, Rachel :)

message 4: by Donita (new)

Donita Luz Sounds like a good read! Great review Rachel! :)

message 5: by Aditi (new)

Aditi Beautiful review dear Rachel :-)

Tanya (Girl Plus Books) Very thoughtful, honest review, Rachel. I've 99 Days by Cotugno and really enjoyed it so I'm looking forward to reading How to Love.

message 7: by Emer (new)

Emer Lovely review Rachel. Definitely an author to keep an eye out for :))

message 8: by Pearl (new)

Pearl Angeli Great review, ate Rachel! :) Glad you still enjoyed it despite some flaws.

Aj the Ravenous Reader I second Pearly, Ate Rachel. It's books that do not fear in portraying the bad/the flaws of life and human beings usually impress me and this is one of those and even though I don't agree with you on this one (evil laughs), I definitely appreciate your wonderful, honest review. hehehe

Claire - The Coffeeholic Bookworm I think sometimes it is flaws and imperfections that make a perfect story. Glad you liked this one. awesome review as always Rache:)

message 11: by Ciara (new) - added it

Ciara Latorre I see where you're coming from, some parts of this boo left me very emotional too. This book really shows how hard it could be to have a baby at a young age (and single).