Ahmed Ejaz's Reviews > Dealing with Dragons

Dealing with Dragons by Patricia C. Wrede

bookshelves: 2016, full-lengths

How will you describe a book which entertains you in every chapter?
Well, this will be my first review about that kind of book.

MY FEELINGS FOR THIS BOOK
Before Reading This Book:
I was unaware of dragons, wizards, witches, giants and jinns (I think I am still unaware of giants and jinns but not anymore after reading the whole series) So, it's obvious I didn't know how they look like Or what are their abilities?
After Reading This Book:
I thought "I chose to read books and I didn't even know any magical creature. What could be more worse than that?"

**Be Alert! Don't open any spoiler if you are looking forward to read this book OR you don't want any revelation!**

MAJOR CHARACTERS
Princess Cimorene
Bio:
--She is the princess of Linderwall (best kingdom in the story). She doesn't like any thing which can make her a perfect princess, I mean she doesn't want a life like princess. She likes the things which she finds interesting like: fencing, latin, magic etc.
My feelings:
--Even if I would use all the best adjectives, I couldn't be able to describe how much I liked this character. She was very different from every protagonist I have ever read. But in a good way.
I have one issue with this character: (view spoiler)

Kazul
Bio:
--This character is a dragon.
My feelings:
--I liked this character almost as much as I liked Cimorene. I liked its name very much.
(view spoiler)

Zemenar
Bio:
--He is a wizard. He is also the head of Society Of Wizards and the antagonist of this book.
My feelings:
--WOW WOW WOW! I liked him but most importantly; I liked his dialogues. He is written as a very clever as well as an evil-minded wizard and I like clever + evil-minded characters in books.

Princess Alianora
--Bio
She is also a princess of some kingdom (I doesn't feel necessary to mention which kingdom because that doesn't matter for me. If you want to know just tell me I will mention that.) and a close friend of Cimorene.
--My feelings
She was very good for me to read. I liked her because of her hilarious + sad backgound story.

OVERVIEW
This book revolves around Cimorene. She doesn't want to marry a prince who her parents choose for her. One day, she meets a frog by chance [I have some issues with the frog (see Unsatisfied Things)]. The frog suggests her to escape from here to the new place. She meets dragons in the new place (Which is the place where only dragons live). In that place, Kazul volunteers Cimorene to do Kazul's works. As the time passes, They realize that wizards are trying to make trubble in the dragon's place. They find out and fix that trubble.

I am afraid I will not give you even a hint of the "trubble" because that is the main focus of the story.

THINGS I LIKED
The Story
I liked this very much. This was very interesting and gripping for me. I didn't feel any unnecessay elements which could make this book slow. This book has a very decent pace.

Characters
As I mentioned above: I adore them.

Writing Style & Dialogues = Awesome!
In short, I liked every thing of this book.

A RANDOM FACT I WANTED TO MENTION
When I was reading this book, I felt some references of stories which I heard in my childhood. I didn't feel they were same but I felt that there was something changed in every story reference. But in good and funny way. I liked that.

According to the facts I mentioned above, I would like to give:
***5 Wonderful Stars***

RECOMMENDATION
This book will be perfect for dragons and magic lovers. I highly recommend this book to children of age above 10.

I hope you like my review, if you don't then please point out my mistakes. I would be happy to see that!

Thanks for your attention!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Dealing with Dragons.

June 17, 2016 – Shelved
June 17, 2016 – Shelved as: to-read
June 28, 2016 – Started Reading
June 28, 2016 –
3.0% "JUST READ ITS ANNOTATION, SOUNDS LIKE INTERESTING.. IT WILL BE MY FIRST BOOK RELATED TO DRAGONS.. HOPE I WILL ENJOY IT^_^"
June 29, 2016 –
9.0% "WOW! IT'S GETTING INTERESTING FROM THE FIRST CHAPTER.. I WANTED THIS TYPE OF BOOK.."
June 30, 2016 –
22.0% "I JUST COMPLETE ITS 3rd CHAPTER. THIS BOOK IS KEEP ENTERTAINING ME. KAZUL, ONE OF ITS CHARACTER, I LIKED ITS NAME VERY MUCH."
July 1, 2016 –
37.0% "Alianora's story is upset and funny at the same time. This book has completely gripped me"
July 1, 2016 –
48.0% "I think I have just read the best chapter of the book in which: Protagonist met 2 wizards. I liked the conversation between them."
July 3, 2016 –
78.0% "Amazing! Ithink this book has changed some stories which I have heard in my childhood. But in very good and funny way ^_^"
July 6, 2016 –
100.0% "WOW! Finally finished an excellent book. Now I am making up my mind to write it's review. *feeling so excited*"
July 7, 2016 – Shelved as: 2016
July 7, 2016 – Finished Reading
November 28, 2016 – Shelved as: 01_best-books
March 11, 2017 – Shelved as: full-lengths

Comments Showing 1-2 of 2 (2 new)

Fabian {Councillor} Fantastic review, Ahmed! I think I would have loved this as a kid. The book sounds very interesting, especially after reading your thoughts about it. Glad you enjoyed it!

message 2: by Ahmed (last edited Jul 08, 2016 08:46AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Ahmed  Ejaz Councillor wrote: "Fantastic review, Ahmed! I think I would have loved this as a kid. The book sounds very interesting, especially after reading your thoughts about it. Glad you enjoyed it!"

Thanks, Fabian! I am glad you read this review ^_^