Lissa Smith Reads'~Bookaholics Bookshelf Reviews's Reviews > Silence

Silence by Becca Fitzpatrick

May 10, 2011

bookshelves: 2011, 05-stars-favorites
Recommended to Lissa Smith Reads'~Bookaholics Bookshelf Reviews by: Books 4 Review Club
Recommended for: Everyone 9 to 99
Read in October, 2011

5 Angelic Stars!

I loved the book however; I was disappointed in the author’s lack of recall for her own series. It shocks me how Patch went from a man whose face was dark as a Spaniards in the prologue to hush, hush and now in book three (Silence), his skin tone magically lightened and now has that sun kissed look.Must be the same disease MJ suffered from when he went from black to white. Then again, she did describe Nora as a white woman and some bigots complained… who knows.

I was also confused as to Patch/ Jev standings. The first time I read the book I didn’t understand why it was Patch had no connection to the Archangels. After all it was not the Archangels who tore out his wings but the same group of nephilim who tore out the caged archangels wings. Then it hit me. The explanation lies not in book three but the end of book two where Patch goes rouge to be with Nora. The archangel must feel that Patch has fallen of his own free will.

Another tie in with book two is the ring. If you were wondering about the ring, you’re not alone; so was I. At the end of book two Patch gives Nora back her father’s ring… engraved with his given name Jev of all things. How is it that Nora never noticed?
Book three is definitely a book that needs to be read in order of sequence to get a better understanding of what is going on. However, with its subtle reminders one could grasp the meaning with little confusion.

In short, I am a Patch/ Nora/ Becca Fitzpatrick fan. Although I was disappointed with a few aspects it does not change the fact that I love all three books in the series and will be reading them again before the release of the next and final book. It is modern retailing of endless love that seem to hook every female reader with a whimsical imagination.

If you are reading….KEEP READING! If you have yet to check out the book or series MOVE IT TO THE TOP OF YOUR TO-READ LIST!

In the end you will not be disappointed !

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Silence.

Quotes Lissa Smith Reads'~Bookaholics Bookshelf Reviews Liked

Becca Fitzpatrick
“Hmm?' I looked away, flustered automatically using irritation to cover my discomfort up. 'What does 'hmm' have to do with anything? Could you ever use more that five words? All this grunting and minced words make you come across-- primal.'
His smile tipped higher. 'Primal.'
'You're impossible.'
'Me Jev, you Nora.'

-Nora & Patch (PG 226)”

Becca Fitzpatrick
“I'm not the distraction in the room."

"Oh? And what might be?”

Becca Fitzpatrick
“Angel... I don't think you understand the lengths I would go to if it means keeping you here with me.'

-Patch (PG 262)”

Becca Fitzpatrick
“I learned that I was either crazy in love with you, or putting on the best performance of my life.”

Becca Fitzpatrick
“I missed you, Angel. Not one day went by that I didn't feel you missing from my life.'

-Patch (PG 274)”

Becca Fitzpatrick
“There's a disconnect between my mind and my heart, but I feel the truth. They say when people lose their vision, their hearing comes sharper. I've lost part of my memory but maybe my intuition is stronger.”

Becca Fitzpatrick
“I could get you to smile like that, and without sales tax."

I whirled around to find the real Patch standing in the fitting room behind me. He was wearing jeans and a snug white tee. His arms were folded loosely over his chest, and his black eyes smiled down at me.
Heat that wasn't entirely uncomfortable flushed through my body.

"I could make all kinds of pervert jokes right now," I quipped.”

Becca Fitzpatrick
“This isn't your fight, Patch," I said quietly.

His eyes burned with an intensity I'd never seen before. "You're mine, Angel, and don't you forget it. Your fights are my fights. What if something had happened today? It was bad enough when I thought your ghost was haunting me; I don't think I could handle the real thing.”

09/19/2013 marked as: kindle_read