Monica's Reviews > The Exiled Queen

The Exiled Queen by Cinda Williams Chima

May 10, 2011

bookshelves: reviewed
Read in May, 2011

I picked up this book last year sometime and I started to read it after an all night read-a-thon of The Demon King. I started this book and then put it away because I think I was on Seven Realms overload and the characters were making me angry. The other day I saw it at the library and gave it another shot and thoroughly loved it.

I love the intricacy of the entire word Ms. Chima built. I love the differences in the characters and the constant juxtaposition of Raisa and Han. I enjoyed the rivalry between the Bayars and Han, this isn't a children's rivalry, this whole book is live or death, crown and country. This book may be written for children but the situations are adult and intricate. This book isn't written so a child couldn't read it but it is written so an adult might enjoy it as well.

I think my favorite part of this book and the series so far is the relationships. I love how each character's relationship with each other is unique and different. Han and Raisa, Han and Crow, everyone has something unique to offer each and every relationship and I enjoy hashing it out in my head. This book is lovely and unpredictable.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Exiled Queen.

08/10 marked as: read