Orient's Reviews > The Kill Switch

The Kill Switch by James Rollins

bookshelves: desperado, entertaining, hero, historical, killer, psychological, sigma-force, tucker-and-kane, favorites
Recommended for: action lovers

My first date with Tucker Wayne and his super awesome military working dog Kane was in Bloodline and now they have their own series. Yay!

This book is awesome as all the Sigma Force novels because it involves history, science, adventure suspense and fast pace. And the main characters are even more thrilling: a former Army Ranger and his military dog <3
James Rollins (with his veterinarian experience) joined forces with Grant Blackwood (with military knowledge), another fabulous writer, to create a one more stunning page turner.
I liked Tucker Wayne as one of the main characters, but to me the star in this book is Kane, a Belgian Malinois.

I adored the intimate and realistic relationship between Tucker and Kane (I read more in the Internet about the military dogs and their trainers, it helped me to understand their bond better). The authors even offered a chance for the reader to see into Kane’s mind and how he responded to Tucker’s words and feelings. This helped to reveal the stunning bond between an animal and a human.

His partner steps out of hiding, onto the road’s shoulder. He moves wrong, tilting, stumbling. Kane knows this is false, a feigned flailing. He picks out the glint of steel held at his partner’s hip, out of sight of the other.
Across the road, his target turns toward his partner and focuses fully upon him. Kane feels a surge of bone-deep approval and affection. The two are a pack, one tied to the other, working together.

I also enjoyed the funny interaction which made the story attractive and entertaining also easing the tension:

(Tucker and Ruth Harper, his temporary boss)
"Anything else that makes you suspicious of her?”
“She’s pretty, and she finds me fascinating.”
“That certainly is odd. Are you sure she’s in possession of her faculties?”

(Tucker and Kane in action)
Tucker sank back and whispered in Kane’s ear. “WAYPOINT, COVER, QUIET CLOSE, TAKE ALPHA.”
He repeated the complex chain of commands.
While Kane’s vocabulary was impressive, he also had an amazing ability to string together actions. In this case, Kane would need to cross the road, find cover, close the distance between himself and their target—then attack.
“Got it, buddy?” Tucker asked.
Kane bumped his nose against Tucker’s. His dark eyes twinkled with his answer: Of course I do, you stupid ass.

(Tucker and his main weapon)
But his real firepower leaped off the bed and followed him to the door

(Tucker and Ruth Harper, the final meeting)
She reached down and scratched Kane behind an ear. “I’ve always had a special place in my heart for dogs.”
From the arch of her eyebrow, he suspected she wasn’t only referring to the four-legged kind.

This book is a quick, but unforgettable ride through the awesome adventure with Tucker Wayne and his BFF, partner and the best dog ever - Kane.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Kill Switch.

Quotes Orient Liked

James Rollins
“Everyone was just trying to find a way to be happy, to feel fulfilled. The manner in which they searched for that state differed wildly, but the prize remained the same.”
James Rollins, The Kill Switch

June 16, 2016 – Shelved
June 16, 2016 – Shelved as: to-read
June 17, 2016 – Started Reading
June 18, 2016 –
page 65
16.75% "Kane is awesome! Luv ya doggie <3\n "
June 20, 2016 – Shelved as: desperado
June 20, 2016 – Shelved as: sigma-force
June 20, 2016 – Shelved as: tucker-and-kane
June 20, 2016 – Finished Reading
June 25, 2016 – Shelved as: favorites

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)

message 1: by Jessica's (new)

Jessica's Totally Over The Top Book Obsession Great review hun :)

Orient Jessica's wrote: "Great review hun :)"

Thanks, dear :)))))))))))

✦❋Arianna✦❋ Wonderful review, babes! :DD

Orient Arianna wrote: "Wonderful review, babes! :DD"

Thanks, hon :)))))))))))

Christian Carneiro What there's a series?! What's it called Message me on Facebook Christian Carneiro

Orient Christian wrote: "What there's a series?! What's it called Message me on Facebook Christian Carneiro"

It's Sigma Force 7 Book Set Includes Sandstorm, Map of Bones, Black Order, the Judas Strain, the Last Oracle, the Doomsday Key, Alter of Eden, the Devil Colony 12 books in total with some novellas :) oh and the thirteenth book is released this December ;) I don't use FB (le gasp :)), sorry ;)

Korin This is “litterally” the best review I have ever read, I am definitely going to read this book. Thank You 🙏