Mariah Roze's Reviews > Defending Jacob

Defending Jacob by William Landay

This book went through my newsfeed once, a really long time ago, and ever since then I have been wanting to read it. When I saw it at my library I snatched it up right away. This book did not disappoint!

What the book was about:
The book is told from the father's point of view, Andy Barber. He was an assistant district attorney that people loved and adored. He and his wife, Laurie, had an amazing relationship and one child, Jacob. Who was a teenager.
All of a sudden, there quiet, peaceful city had a stabbing to death of a young boy. Jacob was accused of the murder and his father believes he was innocent.
This book covered all aspects of the Jacob being possibly convicted: evidences, doubts, best friends going against you and so much more.

This book kept me on my toes till the very end! There were tons of twists, new information, etc. I highly suggest this to anyone that likes mysteries and/or books with twists.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Defending Jacob.

June 16, 2016 – Shelved
June 16, 2016 – Shelved as: to-read
March 3, 2017 – Started Reading
March 7, 2017 – Finished Reading

Comments Showing 1-18 of 18 (18 new)

Terri Really liked this book. Enjoy Mariah!

Mariah Roze Terri wrote: "Really liked this book. Enjoy Mariah!"

Thank you! I keep getting suggested through Goodreads, so it is about time I actually read it haha.

Matt Another stellar review, Mariah!

Mariah Roze Matt wrote: "Another stellar review, Mariah!"

Thanks Matt :)

message 5: by Ginger (new)

Ginger Great review Mariah! I've seen it on the newsfeed for awhile and decided to finally add it.

Mariah Roze Ginger wrote: "Great review Mariah! I've seen it on the newsfeed for awhile and decided to finally add it."

I highly suggest it! I was very surprised with how good it was.

Kristin (KC) - Traveling Sister Love this review!

joyce g Enjoyed this book tremendously!

Mariah Roze Kristin (KC) wrote: "Love this review!"

Thank you :) I highly suggest the book!

Mariah Roze joyce g wrote: "Enjoyed this book tremendously!"

Awesome! Me too haha

Lindsay - Traveling Sister Great review Mariah! I've been meaning to read this for a while. Thanks for the reminder!

Mariah Roze Lindsay wrote: "Great review Mariah! I've been meaning to read this for a while. Thanks for the reminder!"

Thank you :) I highly suggest the book!

JanB I really liked this one too!

Mariah Roze JanB wrote: "I really liked this one too!"

Have you read other books by the author? I haven't but was wondering if there are any that are worth giving a try.

JanB Mariah, no I haven't read other books by him and didn't even know that he had others, but I'll certainly check it out. I thought this one would have made such a good book club discussion choice. I remember wanting to discuss it after I turned the last page :-).

Mariah Roze JanB wrote: "Mariah, no I haven't read other books by him and didn't even know that he had others, but I'll certainly check it out. I thought this one would have made such a good book club discussion choice. I ..."

He has two other books but they are both not very popular (compared to this one).
OMG! I totally agree!! This would have been great to be able to discuss.

JanB Mariah, I checked his page and see his previous 2 books are older ones. He hit his stride with Defending Jacob. He needs to write another book ASAP :)
I had my daughter (college-age at the time) to read it just so we could discuss it, ha!

Mariah Roze JanB wrote: "Mariah, I checked his page and see his previous 2 books are older ones. He hit his stride with Defending Jacob. He needs to write another book ASAP :)
I had my daughter (college-age at the time) to..."

Hahhaa that is hilarious! Yes, he needs to write another book soon!