Bec_BookMagicReviews's Reviews > From Fake to Forever

From Fake to Forever by Jennifer Shirk

Jun 16, 2016

bookshelves: book-magic-reviews

4.5 Stars

Opening a business can be hard for some, and that's why Sandra Moyer's sister, Molly, has decided to help. However, Molly's latest promotional tool turns out to Ben Capshaw, a super-famous playboy actor that needs to gain some experience with kids, if he wants to succeed in his latest role. Reluctantly, Sandra agrees to giving Ben the opportunity to teach alongside the rest of her staff. Now, if only she can stop herself from falling for him, especially when he's so charming.

Ben Capshaw never knew teaching kids could be so fun. Then again, he is a big kid at heart and without a doubt proves that statement to be true the first time he meets Sandra. So, when she learns he's the one needing some practical experience, to hopefully help him with an upcoming role, he knows why she's wary to give him a chance. However, Ben won't be deterred from what he needs to do, even if he has to play dirty. Because more than anything, he's determined to show Sandra that she can trust him. Determined to prove that he's more than just an actor playing a role, and that love is worth fighting for.

Having read a few of Ms. Shirk's books, I've got to say that this is one of her best. The opening chapter had me laughing with the incident that finds Ben in trouble with Sandra. Yet, it was the moment Sandra learned that the hero was the one needing to spend time at her pre-school, so he could gain experience with kids that made this story captivating and fast-paced. Not only because I wanted to discover what obstacles this couple would face on their journey to happy ever after, but because it was palpable that it wasn't going to be easy for Ben to convince Sandra that she could trust him. Not when he's a playboy actor, and she hasn't had the best of luck with men.

I really liked both the main characters as well as the secondary ones. Sandra's daughter, Hannah, is adorable and I was charmed by the growing relationship between her and Ben. He proves himself reliable unlike the little girl's dad. Then there's Sandra's sister, Missy, and the other teacher at the pre-school, Carol. Their fan-girling was pretty hilarious, especially because it got a rise out of Sandra.

The dialogue was riveting, and the playful banter between Sandra and Ben definitely ups the sexual tension between the pair. However, the romance stays on the sweet side, and only brings about some hot kisses. Sandra has been burned by her ex, and it isn't easy for her to trust Ben. But the more she gets to know him, the more she realizes that he's nothing like her ex. He's someone she can rely on. Yet, how does she know it's real? He is an actor.

Sandra is strong, brave and I liked how determined she was to prove to her daughter that she loves her. That she showed her that there was no-one more important than her. That she had enough love to give for that of two parents, especially since Hannah's father couldn't be bothered to spend time with her. I also liked how much of a challenge she proved to be for Ben. She's not like other women that want to get to know him just because of his looks, his fame, and his fortune.

While Ben, he's confident, courageous and Sandra's assessment of him at the beginning definitely rings true. But the more I read, the more he changed my opinion of him. He's responsible and reliable, which he proves by what he does for Sandra and Hannah towards the end. Certainly, Ben is determined to convince Sandra that she can trust him, and prove that he's nothing like her ex because he's a man that keeps his promises.

Overall, Ms. Shirk has done a wonderful job penning this tale, which encompasses well-written dialogue, fun-loving characters that deserve their happy ever after and a heartwarming plot that entertained me from beginning to end. This story ended perfectly, as Ben surprises Sandra by fulfilling a promise and proving how much he loves her with the decision he made about his acting career. I would recommend From Fake to Forever by Jennifer Shirk, if you enjoy heroes that face quite a challenge to win the heroine's heart.

1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read From Fake to Forever.

June 16, 2016 – Started Reading