Rev.'s Reviews > Slow Death by Rubber Duck: How the Toxic Chemistry of Everyday Life Affects Our Health

Slow Death by Rubber Duck by Rick     Smith

M 50x66
May 09, 2011

it was ok

I think this is an important read for a lot of people. It would have been pretty important for me a while ago, but as it stands, I've already gotten as much away from most of these chemicals as I'll be able unless they are banned. I didn't give it a very high rating because the log of court battles and the litany of scientific research on the chemicals in questions gets rather long and boring, especially when it could be summed up fairly quickly. The only thing that kept me with this was the brazen responses from the corporations - sort of "Whoa ho ho ho... that was pretty bad."
It's easy to say this when you're in the thrall of the book, but until there aren't any corporations, we're always going to have people trying to cut corners and the averages citizens - of some country - are going to end up getting the short shrift.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Slow Death by Rubber Duck.