Melanie's Reviews > Unashamed: Healing Our Brokenness and Finding Freedom from Shame

Unashamed by Heather Davis Nelson

Jun 15, 2016

bookshelves: netgalley-read, non-fiction

Unashamed was a very good read. I liked how it went over all different types of areas in life you might feel shame (i.e. marriage, parenting, church, body image, etc.). While the topic was deep, it wasn't hard to read and was a quicker non-fiction read at just 192 pages including all the extras at the back of the book.

Unashamed was definitely thought-provoking and there were a couple quotes I felt like highlighting, they were just so good! I felt like the author made a lot of good points. Also, the way the book was written was so personable/friendly and I really liked that!

All in all, Unashamed was a really good read. I recommend it if the subject sounds of interest to you, as I thought it was great.

*Disclosure of Material Connection: I received one or more of the products or services mentioned above for free in the hope that I would mention/review it on my blog. I was not required to give a positive review, only my honest opinion - which I've done. All thoughts and opinions expressed are my own and I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission's 16 CFR, Part 255: "Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising.*

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Unashamed.

June 15, 2016 – Started Reading
June 15, 2016 – Shelved
June 15, 2016 –
page 1
0.52% "Latest review book. Sounds really good!"
June 17, 2016 –