Jamie (Books and Ladders)'s Reviews > Last Will and Testament

Last Will and Testament by Dahlia Adler

bookshelves: new-adult, contemporary, new-august-august-read

Full review to come on Books and Ladders as part of #NAAugust!

I think I liked Lizzie's story better than Frankie's (in Out On Good Behavior) but I still had a couple issues with it. I definitely recommend this series if you're looking for good NA books, though. I think there is the right mix of conflict, romance, and literal sex that adds up to the perfect combination for Contemporary NA.

I liked that this one started off with something pretty heavy because it made me like Lizzie right away. And from there, she just grew on me. I think she had a pretty good head on her shoulders and that she was doing the best she could under the circumstances. I could really connect with her and her struggles to get what she wanted while also doing what was right for her family.

However, I found myself a little underwhelmed with how the truth came out. It seemed a little over the top dramatic. And while I'm usually all for that, I wasn't quite impressed with it in this case. I think I built up how it would happen in my mind that it made it so meh when it finally came down to it. As well, I had a bit of a hard time getting a feel for Lizzie, Cait, and Frankie's friendship. I feel like because we started with Sophmore year and didn't get to see them as Freshman and learning new things about one another that I am behind in understanding who they are as people -- and as a trio of friends. I had to take it at face value and it made me just "accept" some things as true when I kinda wanted to know more about them.

I recommend this series though! I really liked learning about Lizzie and her struggles and am going to read Cait's story next (since I started with Frankie). I can't wait to see what else comes from the three of them and their stories.

Books and Ladders | Queen of the Bookshelves | Books Are My Fandom | Twitter | Instagram | Bloglovin'

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Last Will and Testament.

June 15, 2016 – Shelved
June 15, 2016 – Shelved as: to-read
June 16, 2016 – Started Reading
June 16, 2016 –
39.0% "this is simultaneously breaking and mending my heart"
June 16, 2016 –
65.0% "oh man they are going to fuck this up"
June 16, 2016 – Finished Reading