Amanda's Reviews > Stranger in my House

Stranger in my House by Mari Manning

20728424

bookshelves: first-reads

Note: I received this book for free through Goodreads Giveaways.

I didn't know quite what to expect from this book since this is a new author to me, and I typically don't care for mysteries too much because I always figure them out way in advance. But this book really surprised me with how much I liked it and how exciting the mystery was. I really didn't have any concrete suspicions about who the culprit of the crimes was until a couple chapters before the secret was revealed. And even then it was just a suspicion, not a for-sure bet. Another reason that I don't typically read mysteries is because they say that there is some romance involved but it really is only an emotionless hook-up between two characters. I'm so happy to say that this was definitely not the case with this story. There's quite a bit of getting-to-know-each-other and sexy times that really lets you connect with the characters and want a happy ending for them. I loved the way that this story was wrapped up. There's not any kind of feeling of loose ends or unresolved problems. Everything's finished just perfect enough to make it feel real. I would definitely read more by this author and have already recommended this book to someone.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Stranger in my House.

June 14, 2016 – Started Reading