Victor Gentile's Reviews > Defiance

Defiance by Lance Erlick

Lance Erlick in his new book, “Regina Shen: Defiance” Book Three in the Regina Shen series published by Finlee Augare Books continues the adventure with Regina Shen.

From the back cover: Abrupt climate change melted ice caps, flooded coasts, and expanded deserts. Outcast Regina Shen is a fugitive the World Federation believes has DNA that can stop human extinction. Rival Federation agents fight over capturing Regina to gain power amidst turmoil over who will become the new World Premier. Regina has to flee from Virginia through desert and wilderness to Alaska to hunt a treasure big enough to barter for her freedom and that of her sister. Can she find allies and tools to remain free long enough to find something to trade?

Does anyone remember the old “Fugitive” TV Series with David Jansen? Every week Richard Kimball was on the run as he searched for the one-armed man and it was a very exciting series. I think Mr. Erlick has given us a fast-paced thriller filled with lots of action and suspense and has re-created the tension that was the magic of that old show. The World Federation is chasing Regina all the way to Alaska because of her DNA. In the meantime Regina is trying to track down her sister. “Regina Shen: Defiance” is loaded with twists and turns that will leave you guessing all the while you are flipping pages to find out what happens next. As with the previous two in this series this book is going to take up all of your attention so start reading early because once you get started you will not want to put this book down until you actually finish. I am so looking forward to the next book to see where Mr. Erlick will take these characters.

Disclosure of Material Connection: I received this book free from IRead Book Tours. I was not required to write a positive review. The opinions I have expressed are my own. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255: “Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising.”

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Defiance.

June 1, 2016 – Started Reading