Erica Chilson's Reviews > Body Rocks

Body Rocks by A.M. Arthur

4182064

bookshelves: contemporary-romance, m-m, mm, wickedreads, rockin

I received a copy of this title to read and review for Wicked Reads

5 page-turning stars.

I am not new to A.M. Arthur's style or writing, nor am I a fan-girl. However, I am a fan, loving some of the books but not all. Lots of hits with a few misses. After having read most of the author's backlist, I'd have to say Body Rocks is one of my favorites, if not my top choice from this author.

Arthur has the perfect formula, at least when it comes to my style of reading. Broken characters looking for redemption or healing, while finding love during the struggle. The pacing is steady, giving out just enough information to keep the reader clicking the pages without frustrating them for not giving out instant gratification.

I'm a patient reader- I want the author to seduce me right along with the characters. I want to earn the information. I also need to identify with the human traits the characters possess. Arthur always provides these key needs of mine, and it keeps me coming back book after book.

Not a fan of rockstar novels, the author is what had me reading. I was pleasantly surprised that this was about two separate indie bands, and their road to stardom. Two groups fighting for a coveted spot, with the winner receiving a contract. Two groups, two lovers- one will win, one will lose.

Trey & Dom were well-rounded characters, both with unique, tragic backstories, which is pretty much an A.M. Arthur trademark. I was rooting for both, never deciding who I wished to win.

Without spoiling the storyline, I read feverishly all day long, simultaneously wanting to know what happened next but not wanting it to end, all the while wanting more from the rest of the cast of characters. The next book is out in September, so the wait won't be long.

Recommended to fans of MM Romance, especially those who enjoy music as a trope.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Body Rocks.

June 14, 2016 – Started Reading