Michelle 's Reviews > Six Month Rule

Six Month Rule by A.J. Pine

Jun 14, 2016

bookshelves: kindle, review-on-blog

**You can see this full review and more at Book Briefs: https://bookbriefs.net**Six Month Rule is the second book in the Kingston Ale House series by A.J. Pine. I had no problem jumping into this book, even though I have not read the first book. (They each follow a different couple.) I have read several books by this author, so I feel like I pretty much know what to expect going in. I know it is going to be a good romance, I know there are going to be flawed, complex characters that make for an interesting read, and I know that there is probably going to be drama thrown in. And I was right on all of the above for the Six Month Rule.

I have always found horoscopes to be very interesting, so I really liked that each of the chapters start out with the horoscope of one of the characters. Holly is a big believer in them, and I loved seeing her reactions to some of them. It helped me get to know her better. Holly has a very strict six month rule, meaning that she will do a six month, or less, no strings attached relationship- but no longer than that. So yes, I know that means the book is going to be fairly predictable...you know the Holly and Will are going to fall for each other and threaten the six month rule, bu knowing that doesn't take anything away from the reading the story. I really enjoyed watching Will and Holly dance around one another. I didn't love Holly's reasoning behind the six month rule however...it made her seem lazy. She thinks that after six months have passed the fun parts of the relationship are outweighed by the work that now has to go into the relationship, and she doesn't seem to think it is worth it. That my friends, is what had me interested to see what was going to go down with Will. How would he change her?

And now for Will. Will is British. That may not be worth mentioning, but I loved his British accent and terminology. And he is rather snarky, so I liked that he immediately gave it right back to Holly. Will is only in the states for Six months....are you starting to see where this is going. The Six Month Rule is a rather predictable read, but I really enjoyed it. I thought the characters were well developed, the writing is great and their relationship felt super natural. It felt like they each fell into the others gravitational pull and just kind of stayed there getting closer and closer. The six month rule felt like a book that slowly built up over time. Like a smile that just keeps growing.

Bottom line: If you don't mind a book that is a little predictable, but nonetheless very well done, the Six Month Rule is a great one for you to check out. It is a very character driven read with a lot of sass and a lot of heart.

P.S. please, someone give me Holly's wardrobe. I was having serious fashion envy while reading!

This review was originally posted on Book Briefs

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Six Month Rule.

June 14, 2016 – Shelved