Alissa's Reviews > The Great Night

The Great Night by Chris Adrian

May 09, 2011

liked it

This book is literally a clusterfuck; as in, people and faeries are clustered together. Fucking. They are also masturbating, having sex with trees, spying on people masturbating, and spying on people masturbating on trees.

Well, I see that you're kerflummoxed as to why I gave this book a lowly three stars. Truthfully, I was thinking two until the tree sex scene.

So anyway, what is going on in this beautiful disaster of a mind f-ing? A bunch of heartbroken, lonely ass people stumble into Buena Vista Park in San Francisco...some of them are doing a homeless person remake of Soylent Green, others are getting drunk off faerie wine, and others are...running around having more sex with Titania who's mourning the loss of...crap, who cares.

I'm going to go see if anyone in the bum park outside my apartment is remaking Soylent Green or having sex with a tree. I suggest you do something similar instead of reading this book.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Great Night.

07/02/2017 marked as: read

message 1: by Jake (new)

Jake Best review ever.

Alissa Reading this book was worth it just to write the review.

message 3: by Todd (new)

Todd Admittedly, I'm more than a bit intrigued....

Alissa I've read worse things. It's certainly intriguing. :)

Cassie You've summed up my thoughts almost exactly.

message 6: by Danielle (new) - added it

Danielle I saw this book for sale at Dollar Tree. When I decided to look it up on here and read the reviews for it I stumbled across yours and I laughed so hard I snorted.

Alissa Danielle wrote: "I saw this book for sale at Dollar Tree. When I decided to look it up on here and read the reviews for it I stumbled across yours and I laughed so hard I snorted."

I'm so glad. If you're not into people having sex with trees, grab something else!