Melissa ♥ Dog/Wolf Lover ♥ Martin's Reviews > The Scorch Trials

The Scorch Trials by James Dashner

Jun 14, 2016

bookshelves: fantasy-all, own, young-adult

Here we go again!

Just when they think they are all safe and in a place where there is food and water and showers and bed... nope, doesn't last very long.

They wake up from their little safe place to all kinds of weirdness, dead people hanging from the ceiling, cranks (crazy sick people) trying to get in the windows, Teresa gone and replaced by a boy named Aris, and other stuff.

THEN, they get locked in a room and when they are allowed out all of that stuff is gone and things are changed. Then after a rest and what not, some dude sitting at a desk behind a glass wall shows up. He's just reading like nothing is going on while the boys gorge themselves on food. I mean what the..... Then he starts telling them about the next trial, like the first one wasn't enough.

EXCERPT

"It's simple, really," he said, his tone so matter-of-fact one would think he'd just given them instructions on how to turn on the showers in the bathroom. "There are no guidelines. You have few supplies, and there's nothing to help you along the way. Go through the Flat Trans at the time indicated. Find open air. Go one hundred miles, directly north, to the safe haven. Make it or die."

And some do die. They have to go through more crap like metal balls taking off their heads, freak lightening storms, crazy people with their noses cut off, people trying to kill them, a few more monsters. You know, the run of the mill kind of stuff.

I don't know. I sat here trying to figure out what to rate it and I finally went with 4 stars because I still love most of the characters. Minho is my favorite. I just want to find out what is going on and I guess I will have to wait until the end book. Arggggg.. although WICKED did show up a few times in the book, but they are still secretive and I want to smack them!

MY BLOG: Melissa Martin's Reading List

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Scorch Trials.

June 14, 2016 – Started Reading
June 16, 2016 –
page 33
June 18, 2016 –
page 53
14.72% "What in the crap are they putting these poor boys through! I would been out of my mind!"
June 23, 2016 –
page 73
20.28% "I hope everyone is good. I'm in a sort of reading slump. Uggggg. I hope to get these 4 currently reading done before the 1st so I can start the next set, but I just don't feel like reading at the moment. Grrrrrr"
June 24, 2016 –
page 164
June 24, 2016 – Finished Reading

♛ Garima ♛ Great review Melissa!

Syndi the second book is actually exciting. just the last book have really lame ending.

Melissa ♥ Dog/Wolf Lover ♥ Martin ♛ Garima ♛ wrote: "Great review Melissa!
I've love/hate relationship with this series, and purchased paperback so I can throw the book, just because I can!"

Thank you hon :-) I am still at a loss with this book. I don't know exactly how I feel and I hate that.

Throw the book. Lol

Melissa ♥ Dog/Wolf Lover ♥ Martin Syndi wrote: "the second book is actually exciting. just the last book have really lame ending."

This one has a little more excitement I think but I liked the first one better. Although, I like that they have pressed on so I'm still stumped! Overall I thought it was good and I want to know what is really going on, they better tell in the last book!

message 5: by Kathy (new)

Kathy Miller Love your honest reviews...

Melissa ♥ Dog/Wolf Lover ♥ Martin Thank you Kathy :-)