C.G. Drews's Reviews > Renegades

Renegades by Marissa Meyer

bookshelves: read-2017, sci-fi, superheroes, young-adult

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Renegades.

June 14, 2016 – Shelved
June 14, 2016 – Shelved as: to-read
November 15, 2017 – Started Reading
page 24
4.32% "DOES A BOOK EVER NEED TO BE THIS LONG? MY CONCLUSIVE ANSWER IS NO. AND THE FONT IS TINY.
GOD HELP ME."
page 201
36.15% "If I dnf'd I probably would...it's just so cliche and boring right now. And I thought it was about a superhero/villain school AND IT'S NOT. 😭😭"
page 433
77.88% "Nova's power is making people sleep which is honestly my power too when having to read this book."
November 15, 2017 – Shelved as: read-2017
November 15, 2017 – Shelved as: sci-fi
November 15, 2017 – Shelved as: superheroes
November 15, 2017 – Shelved as: young-adult
November 15, 2017 – Finished Reading

Comments Showing 1-17 of 17 (17 new)

Kelly (Diva Booknerd) I just did the same. It felt like a heroes verses villains pantomime.

message 2: by Bee (new) - added it

Bee *puts the book on hold and starts reading another one*

message 3: by C Sarah (new) - added it

C Sarah Strafford Every review I’ve read for this book says pretty much the same thing! And I’ve been really wanting to try some of Meyer’s book, but I️’m not sure where to start (and I’m not in the mood for a long series and I️ really don’t do Alice in Wonderland books). Maybe I️ can find some short stories by her I️ guess? I️ mean, super hero stories are over done but there’s still tons of super hero comics published every year. Sounds like she was just really lazy with the plot. If you haven’t read it and want a good superhero book , Vicious by Victoria Schwab is an amazing one 👍

message 4: by Tandie (new) - added it

Tandie Lol! "I think his name is Nobody Cares."

message 5: by Jennifer (new)

Jennifer Stansbury Thank you for this review I’m officially DNFing

message 6: by Theresa (new) - added it

Theresa Ain't nobody got time for 600 pages of "meh". Or at least I don't, so thank you for this review and saving my time for another, better book

Mikaela Mona Ahh I've read a lot of mix reviews about this book but I'll still going to read this because ~Marissa Meyer trash~ anyways... I am kind of disappointed when Gatlon School for Vigilante was cut off and moved aside for this plot because I think if she didn't set aside it, maybe that will work alright. Let's cry together Cait for the lost School for Vigilantes 😭😭

Lena Are there a lot of action scenes in this book? I always need to keep myself from just skipping those! So if there are too much I probably won't read this xD
Great review!

Tanya When it's next on my list to read and now you're making me second guess. AHHHHHH. 600+ pages of meh? I gotta rethink this

message 10: by Cris (new) - rated it 3 stars

Cris This and Heartless both disappointed me so 😞

message 11: by Linda (new)

Linda Thanks for the review, this book is dropping levels on my TBR.

Alice This book does suck.

Alice Omg this book is totally a suckier version of steelheart and I hated steelheart because of david.

Trekkie So glad I'm not the only one who thought about Steelheart a lot while reading this 😂

message 15: by Ellyn (new) - added it

Ellyn Seriously so happy to see other people pointing out that this is so similar to Steelheart. I could NOT get past how closely aligned they were while reading.

The Reading Writing Puppet Totally agree with you 😊

Lydia E Winters I just finished reading this and was thinking about how funny it was that you gave the book a negative review and that made me decide to read it? 😂 Negative reviews really can be more informative than five star praises.