Ashleigh Giannoccaro's Reviews > Strong Medicine

Strong Medicine by Angela Meadon

Jun 14, 2016

Well this one gut punched me with a real dose of home grown reality beautifully wound up in a brilliant story. Angela's writing style made for effortless reading that had me drawn deep inside the world of these characters right from chapter one.

••••••••••

"The detectives laughed and Brits looked at me with pity in his brown eyes. “Canvas doesn’t hold fingerprints. There might be hairs and stuff, but you’re not Oscar Pistorius. If we send this to forensics, it’ll take five years to get processed and they wouldn’t get anything from it."

•••••••••••••••••

A harsh South African truth told so very well. I fell in love with, mourned with and fought with these characters all the way through.

••••••••••••••••

"BZ: He told me he wanted the parts from a child, this high. He said he would give me R200 if I brought them to him. He said I must avoid killing, because the parts should come from a living person.
DT: What parts did he want you to get him?
BZ: He wanted the eyes and the fingers.
DT: Why should the parts come from a living person?
BZ: Hai! You know why!
DT: I want to hear you say it.
BZ: It makes the muti stronger. When they scream. DT: Did you do it? Did you get the parts? "

••••••••••••••••

Strong Medicine was a five star read for me, something different. An story that any mother living in SA could relate to, feel and fear.

Angela Meadon painted a real, truthful portrait of a broken police force in an even more broken country where people in trouble are forced to take care of their own.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Strong Medicine.

Started Reading