Leah's Reviews > The Doctors Are In: The Essential and Unofficial Guide to Doctor Who's Greatest Time Lord

The Doctors Are In by Graeme Burk

19293522
Jun 13, 2016

liked it

I haven't technically finished this book, as I am reserving the last chapter until after I actually watch the seasons with the Next Doctor aka Matt Smith.

Well, my original review got cut off for some reason? Hmm. Well, as I was saying, I would consider myself a moderate whovian, as I love the show but am not obsessed or immersed in the depth of whovian fandom. Being such, I found this book to be incredibly fascinating. I enjoyed that it was a mixture of facts about the history of the Doctors, their backgrounds, and each "era", tied together with some deep fandom analyzation and loving. It was very informative to someone like me who is only new to the world of Doctor Who through the modern series beginning with Eccleston.

Upon observation I can't help but notice such hardcore fandom/obsession is a bit religious. To be sure no one would ever say they have faith in Doctor Who, but it's spelled out in a million other ways, the devotion, the idolization, and the sheer worship of it all. Some people wrap their lives around it, it seems.

So while I would certainly not be a fan to that point of obsession, I will admit to liking and finding Doctor Who and The Doctor to be addicting. That's my confession and I'm sticking to it.

Overall
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Doctors Are In.

June 11, 2016 – Started Reading