Phrynne's Reviews > The City of Mirrors

The City of Mirrors by Justin Cronin

A brilliant ending to a thoroughly enjoyable trilogy. All of the loose ends were tied up, every character's story was concluded (some not as happily as others) and this reader was left with a feeling of total satisfaction.
I was completely engaged throughout by the constant bouncing between timelines and between points of view within these timelines. The author handled it so well and there was no chance of letting my mind wander as I read. One second of concentration lost and I had to go back and read a paragraph again.
Maybe I would have liked better endings for some of my favourite characters but given the situation that would have been impossible. I was very happy with the epilogue and the explanations it contained.
I cannot really say more without spoilers so if you have not read the series yet then do! I know it has vampires in it but I promise these vampires are very different and the story is about so much more.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The City of Mirrors.

June 13, 2016 – Started Reading
June 13, 2016 – Shelved
June 17, 2016 – Finished Reading

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)

message 1: by Jonetta (new)

Jonetta I have the first book! Glad you enjoyed the trilogy.

message 2: by Veronica (new)

Veronica I read the first book a few years ago and liked it. I feel like I'd need to do a reread now before picking up the rest of the trilogy. I'm sure I've forgotten a lot.

Phrynne There was no way I could reread the first two books before reading this one so I just read the Wiki summaries. They jogged my memory enough:)

message 4: by Veronica (new)

Veronica Good idea!

message 5: by Don (new) - rated it 4 stars

Don Dunham I am very much looking forward to this final installment.

Phrynne I hope you enjoy it as much as I did Don.

Fergus Peploe Only loose end was Michael I thought, or did I miss something?

Phrynne Really? I did not notice that. There was an awful lot going on:)