Amy 's Reviews > Six Month Rule

Six Month Rule by A.J. Pine

18019707

bookshelves: 2016, 5-stars, review-books

5, May I, Stars!!!

“You can’t choose it. Or plan it–the person you fall for. It just happens, like a slap upside the head. A wake-up call.”

“That’s not what loving someone meant. It wasn’t one-sided. Love was a give and take. And if you were lucky enough to earn the love of someone wonderful, you’d be willing to give more than you got–just for a tiny taste of that love.”

I absolutely adored this latest release by A.J. Pine. Six Month Rule is a delightful and captivating read, that will make you swoon, fall in love and wish on stars.

Told from dual points of view, Six Month Rule follows the story of Holly and Will. Holly doesn’t have time for relationships and believes that everything goes wrong after 6 months. So, she imposes a 6 month rule upon herself. She doesn’t believe that she is destined to have a lasting relationship and doesn’t have the time to put any effort into one anyway. She had no idea that when Will walked into her life, all her rules and everything she’s known is about to be thrown out the window…..Will has made a lot of mistakes in his life. He’s never gotten his priorities straight. So, when he finds himself in the states for work, he is determined to make things right. A relationship is the last thing that he is looking for. He needs to keep his eyes on the prize, but Holly might just be a distraction that he can’t ignore…….

Six Month Rule was a joy to read. I found the story so refreshing. I love the no strings attached/we can stop at anytime story-line. Those types of stories are so much fun and great for summer reading. A.J. Pine certainly knocked it out of the park with this one. From the moment I picked up this book, I had a smile on my face. I just knew that I was in for a real treat and I was not disappointed. Six Month Rule was a lot of fun. It was well written and you could tell that a lot of heart went into it. The characters were so likable and easy to connect with. When I first met Holly, I appreciated just how focused and determined she was with her job. Her six month rule, had me shaking my head and waiting in anticipation for her to finally meet “the one”. And Will….What’s not to love. He’s smart. He’s sexy. He’s broody. He’s got an accent. He’s just what Holly needed in her life, she just had to open her eyes to him. And with a line like this: “I might devour you, body and soul”, how could you not swoon over Will? And can we talk about the sparks between these two? Wow!! I couldn’t get enough of the two of them and wild horses couldn’t stop me from rooting for them to get a HEA!

There’s so much I want to say and just geek out on over this book, but I’m not going to ruin it for you. What I can tell you is, be prepared to fall in love. Six Month Rule is a fantastic read from beginning to end. It’s going to make you laugh. It’s going to make you swoon. It’s going to pull at your heart. But, most importantly, it’s going to make you fall in love. This book has a little something for everyone and is a great summer read. I loved every second of it and can not wait to get my hands on more of this series!

*I was provided an ARC copy of this book, via NetGalley, in exchange for an honest review*
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Six Month Rule.

June 13, 2016 – Shelved