Sandy S's Reviews > Billionaire Takes All

Billionaire Takes All by Jackson Kane

3.75 stars--

ABOUT THE BOOK: Release Date June 19, 2016

I just lost my half of five billion dollars.

Five. Billion. F*cking dollars.

I crushed the phone in my hand, but the voicemail chimed in my brain like church bells at midnight. It was probably the same message my brother just got.

“Your father is dying. The inheritance is no longer yours or your brother’s. If you want a chance at that money, you’re going to have to play by some… unconventional rules.”

Rules? F*ck that!

I didn’t get this far by following anyone’s rules.

“Only one of you can win,” The message said. “The other gets nothing.”

I did know one thing.

If this really was a competition between my brother and I for the whole King fortune, I was going to win.

•••••••••••••••••••

REVIEW: 3.75 stars--BILLIONAIRE TAKES ALL by first time author Jackson Kane is a stand alone, romance story line about two estranged brothers-Lucas and Richard King- thrown together by their dying father.

Told from dual first person points of view (Lucas and Richard) BILLIONAIRE TAKES ALL follows Lucas and Richard as they set out to ‘honor’ the wishes of their dying father. Only one brother will reap the rewards-five billion dollars-but the stakes are high, and both brothers must step out of their comfort zone. What ensues is a potentially dangerous game between battling brothers wherein both may lose more than just five billon dollars.

BILLIONAIRE TAKES ALL follows the tumultuous relationship between brothers, and the romantic relationships of Lucas, Richard, and the women with whom they will fall in love. Lucas is a rock star; a musician who walked away from the woman he loved ten years earlier, and has returned home hoping for a second chance. Richard is the business tycoon who runs his father’s empire and believes he is incapable of love. The story line focuses on the turbulent romances, and the potential for a future when two brothers search for what it is they have both been missing.

We learn a little bit about the brother’s history; their background, the family dynamic and the loss of their mother. The character development reveals the struggling relationship between brothers, and their need to be number one and best one another in everything they do.

BILLIONAIRE TAKES ALL is an intriguing story line. The premise is energetic; the characters are colorful and animated; the romances are passionate and fated. The $ex scenes are intimate and provocative.

I did have an issue with the believability of one particular aspect of the story-the first five years after Lucas left home. The author’s voice is not necessarily unique; the writing style is similar to many other romance authors-a formulaic breakdown of plot and substance- but the story is enjoyable; the writing is enthusiastic.

Copy supplied by the author

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Billionaire Takes All.

Started Reading