Catalin Negru's Reviews > The Biggest Secret: The Book That Will Change the World

The Biggest Secret by David Icke

Jun 13, 2016

did not like it
bookshelves: apocalypse, conspiracy, paranormal

Target audience: Common people, anyone interested or fascinated by conspiracies, aliens, mysticism, UFOs or paranormal.

About the author: According to Wikipedia, David Vaughan Icke is an English writer and public speaker. A former footballer and sports broadcaster, Icke has made his name since the 1990s as a professional conspiracy theorist, calling himself a "full time investigator into who and what is really controlling the world." He is the author of over 20 books and numerous DVDs, and has lectured in over 25 countries, speaking for up to 10 hours to audiences that cut across the political spectrum. Icke was a BBC television sports presenter and spokesman for the Green Party, when a psychic told him, in 1990, that he had been placed on Earth for a purpose and would begin to receive messages from the spirit world. The following year he announced that he was a "Son of the Godhead", and that the world would soon be devastated by tidal waves and earthquakes, a prediction he repeated on the BBC's primetime show Wogan. The show changed his life, turning him from a respected household name into someone who was laughed at whenever he appeared in public.

Structure of the book: The book has 517 pages, divided in an introduction and 21 chapters.

Overview: There have been books that changed the world, but I can assure you that this book is not among them. And there have been authors who said that their books will change/revolutionize the world, and I can assure you that Icke is among these authors. This book will not change the world as a whole but it will change, probably, some people’s world by feeding their sick imagination.
Have you ever wondered why the snake, and not any other animal, tempted Eve in the Garden of Eden? For me, the snake from the Garden of Eden is a mythical form of our ancestral fear and repulsion regarding snakes (reptiles). The snake came to be seen as the embodiment of evil because of the real danger it represents. David Icke, however, has another opinion: the snake from the Garden of Eden was in fact a shape-shifting alien reptilian.
Icke has the merit of creating a veritable conspiratorial trend involving reptilians disguised as politicians, bankers, Jews or scientists whose sole purpose is to subdue or to destroy us. So, there are the Jews, and we all “know” that wealthy Jews control the world and their only purpose in life is to steal our cozy pillow, to kill our friendly dog, to see us unhappy and to force us to learn their devilish Torah. Then, there are the Freemasons, which are controlled by a few powerful and wealthy Jews. And the Freemasons are controlled by a handful of inner elites, the Illuminati. For many conspiracy theorists the Illuminati are the ultimate conspirators, ruled by Satan himself. But David Icke comes with another theory, and suggests that the Illuminati are in fact Reptilians. And this is the biggest secret ever, which somehow Icke managed to find out: we are ruled by an alien brotherhood. They want to enslave us so that they can live happily ever after and we, the humans, to work for them in the gold mines and on the cotton fields. In fact, their agenda is close to completion (a sense of urgency common to all conspiracy theories) because we can all “see” that the world is going for the worse and we become more and more enslaved: the Internet, the media, the books that are printed (according to this logic we can include even Icke’s book) are all means of manipulation and enslavement.
The Reptilians, according to Icke, have been breeding with humans and they are controlling our minds since the days of the ancient Sumerian and Babylonian empires (conspiracy theorists love to distort history and speak about things happened tens of thousands of years ago). Almost every famous person is accused of being involved in this dark scheme, from George Bush to Queen Elizabeth and Michael Jackson or Karl Marx. No political or historical movement is what it seems to be. All religions were created by the reptiles to keep humans in mental prisons, keeping us from realizing our full potential and the true reality.
Realistically speaking, the only evidence that might support the existence of reptilians is the supposition that there is intelligent life in the Universe (conspiracy theorists always focus on Mars and Venus) and the fact that the ancients venerated the reptiles (among many other animals). Yet, if you scout the Internet, you will be amazed (and pretty scared) how many materials you will find about reptilians, and only because of Icke and this book.
You don’t have to read much to start wonder if this is serious stuff or an exercise of imagination for the entertainment of the public. The biggest secret is rather the biggest load of regurgitated lunacy. Does the author actually believe his own theories? Asides from alien reptiles, this dense book also explains the mysteries behind UFO sightings, the fourth dimension, the hollow earth, satanic rituals (apparently Kennedy, Martin Luther King and Princess Diana were victims of these rituals) or the truth on Bigfoot. I think every myth and conspiracy theory known to man have been incorporated in a grand scheme. Nevertheless, if you are familiar with ufology and the conspiratorial universe, you will quickly notice that many things were taken from Erich Von Daniken and others. In fact, the very basic idea of the book – that ancient extraterrestrials are controlling the population from their underground lairs and congratulate themselves for that while we live in darkness – is not new at all.
For me it is obvious that the devil as a conspirator was replaced by aliens in the mythological universe. For religious believers, aliens are the devil in disguise. On the other hand, for UFO fans such as Icke, the devil has always been a disguised alien. Only our ancestral fear of being controlled and manipulated essentially remained the same.

Quote: The Agenda I am exposing has been unfolding over thousands of years to its current point close to completion, because humanity has given away its mind and its responsibility. .

Strong points: No strong point identified; maybe the fact that the book is straight to the subject.

Weak points: History reinterpreted, assumptions presented as facts, scientific facts distorted, science insulted, Jews, aliens, more aliens... If you are a Neil deGrasse Tyson or Sam Harris fan, then you can't rate this book more than 1 star. I agree that there are conspiracies in this world meant to benefit a few (this is how the world works due to human greed), but the idea that there are conspiracies within conspiracies at the end of which we find a species of reptiles that keep humans in slavery simply insults (my) common sense. Some might say that you have to have an open mind to assimilate the information from this book. I can only tell that there is a thin line and a big difference between open-mindness and lunacy.

_______________

★★★ Follow us on Goodreads

★★★ Visit our website www.reasonandreligion.org

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Biggest Secret.

Finished Reading