E.M. Summers's Reviews > Billionaire Takes All

Author: Jackson Kane
Series: standalone
Genre: contemporary romance
Rating: ***

This was a sweet contemporary romance, with a slightly different spin in that it follows two brothers, written from their POVs, along their respective relationships. Sort of a male-centred double romance, I guess, which was somewhat refreshing. The sex scenes were nice and steamy (but there could have been more!), and this was definitely a heartwarming, light and easy read with a HEA.

My main criticism is that I wanted more. Following two romances was a great idea, but for that to happen completely successfully it would have been nice to have been given the chance to really get to know these characters, and follow their paths on an emotional level, but to fit in the shorter novel, it felt a little rushed in places and very whirlwind. I'm more of a fan of a steadier, slower developing pace and time to get my emotional attachments in.

That being said, it was a strong debut from a very lovely author, and I can't wait to see what comes next.

See more of our reviews at Summer's Eve Reads.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Billionaire Takes All.

June 12, 2016 – Shelved