Deb 's Reviews > The Girls of Mischief Bay

The Girls of Mischief Bay by Susan Mallery

Jun 12, 2016

liked it
bookshelves: 2016-books-read

This was a quick easy read and came complete with expected endings, although not all endings were necessarily happy ones. They were all satisfying endings however.

Pam, Shannon, and Nicole meet through exercise class at Nicole's Pilates studio. Pam is a happily married wife of over 30 years with grown children. She is beginning to struggle with the idea of aging and is a bit restless with the routine of her life. Shannon is almost 40, a successful CFO, and still single. She is wondering if she's made the right choices in her life. Nicole has been married for a few years, but is struggling to support her family now that her husband suddenly quit his job to pursue a screenwriter's job. All three women have become fast friends, and it's their friendship that carries them through their next major life events.

I liked all three characters, but probably connected most with Pam. The author portrayed her quite realistically. This book is intended to be the first of a series of books centered in Mischief Bay, a small coastal California town just south of LA. I also liked the book because I recognized many places described in the setting. I will look for the next book in the series .

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Girls of Mischief Bay.

Started Reading