Naj (Unputdownable Books)'s Reviews > Acadia, Book I: The Lost King and the Goddess of Time

Acadia, Book I by Ali Naqvi

May 08, 2011

bookshelves: read-in-2011

Acadia reminded me so much of the Lord of the Rings but still held its own uniqueness and originality. Naqvi managed to write beautifully and create such a magnificent world. If you liked the Lord of the Rings trilogy you will enjoy this book entirely.

It was adventurous and exciting. Maybe not in the beginning but as the pages kept on turning so did the story. Some bits and twists were predictable but besides that every part was written rather poetically. Naqvi has talent and I'm sure with each book of this trilogy it will get better!

I really enjoyed reading about Damont's journey to find out who he really is. I felt a real connection to him and his Uncle Julian. But there were some characters in the story that have me skeptical about their friendship (Maybe its just paranoia). Yep, I'm talking about the bad guys. They'll totally annoy me in this one specially the "real big bad guy" at the end. He's a lot more playful and cynical. I guess he likes to play with his food before eating it. If you know what I mean.

Overall, the characters were all carefully written and the story was awesomely planned. But the genre isn't for me. But for those who like to try different things and who loved the LOTR Trilogy you should pick up this book. 4/5 stars
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Acadia, Book I.

May 8, 2011 – Started Reading