Lisa's Reviews > Seducing the Sheriff

Seducing the Sheriff by Donna Alward

F 50x66

I thoroughly enjoyed reading this book. This is the fifth book in the series, Not My 1st Rodeo which is written by three different authors. Even though this is a series, each book is a stand-alone. The title references an on-line dating service.

I love the way this book begins. Joe Lawson, the sheriff of this small town in Colorado, is on a blind date set up by his sister. He plans to meet her at The Forge restaurant which is owned by Cassidy Strong, the heroine in this novella. Joe and this blind date are obviously not right for each other. So, she makes up an excuse and leaves him at the restaurant. It is such a great way for the hero and heroine to become aware of each other for the first time.

Even though this is a novella, it is hard to remember that as we read it. The story and the characters are very well developed, and there is, even, room fora little adventure in it. I found both Joe and Cassidy to be very endearing characters. I especially like Joe. He is a thoughtful and caring man who is soft-spoken and respectful to everyone.

The title of this novella is a little deceiving. There is no actual seduction although the couple does have sex several times in this book. However, the sex is so lovingly and romantically described that it would be more correct to call it “making love.”

I call this type of book a “feel-good” book because there is no actual conflict between the hero and heroine. In fact, I always ‘feel good’ while reading the book, and, I am always smiling when I am done. In this case,

I recommend this book to all romance readers. It is romantic without being corny. In fact, I have decided to buy more of this author’s books because they are such a joy to read.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Seducing the Sheriff.

Started Reading