Rikki's Reviews > Just a Bit Ruthless

Just a Bit Ruthless by Alessandra Hazard

Jun 11, 2016

it was ok
bookshelves: fiction, glbt, romance

** spoiler alert ** I didn't read the previous book (the two MCs didn't interest me), but even without knowing Luke beforehand it was clear from the start that he was a fool (and no, I didn't see any business sense either). Going to the meeting pretending his father sent him was such an idiotic move, it didn't endear him to me at all. Add the fact that he constantly pouted and used quivering lips to get what he wanted, but at the same time insisted that his young looks did not reflect his true self and you have a guy that was so not my cup of tea.

Over the course of the book I lost my initial respect for Roman as well. He fell for Luke and all his hard ass principles went overboard in a flash. The heartless tycoon exits, the besotted admirer enters. Not fun! At least he was reasonable enough to recognize and acknowledge his own feelings while Luke ran to the therapist demanding to be cured of his Stockholm syndrome! Embarrassing!

As if this wasn't enough, along comes the daddy thing, something I don't like at all. All of a sudden Luke needs a daddy and Roman wants to be one - give me a break! The blurb sounded so promising, but then didn't keep any of it.

The next book's couple we already got a glimpse of; another one I will skip, I am sure. For me the series has been going downhill from book 3, I am afraid.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Just a Bit Ruthless.

June 11, 2016 – Started Reading