Cathy Geha's Reviews > Learning to Love

Learning to Love by Sheryl Browne

21182032

Nearing middle age and wanting a career change Andrea is living with Jonathan, has a toddler by him, has a teenage son and daughter by her first husband, is a teacher, and multi-tasks like a champion…oh, she also has her slightly dotty mother living in the same house, too! When her house burns down a new neighbor steps in and offers space to them till they can get the insurance settled. Little did either of them realize that the fire was just the beginning of fireworks yet to come.

I enjoyed the growth of friendship and eventual love between David and Andrea. I found the children believable in their behavior and interactions. I could relate to how the adults felt. I am not sure Sally was necessary for the story but how she behaved and how others behaved toward her did prove interesting. I thought the idea of the small town rallying to support someone who has lost everything heartwarming.

There were twists and turns, some slapstick comedy, and a bit of foreshadowing with a rather tense conclusion to one thread of the story. The story concluded well for most of the characters and provided the HEA I was rooting for. In some ways it reminded me of books by Jilly Cooper read long ago.

Thank you to NetGalley and ChocLit for the copy of this book in exchange for my honest review.

3.5 Stars

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Learning to Love.

June 10, 2016 – Started Reading