C.G. Drews's Reviews > Death Note, Vol. 7: Zero

Death Note, Vol. 7 by Tsugumi Ohba

bookshelves: 4-star, graphic-novel, read-2016

But but but...WHAT. WHY DID THIS HAPPEN??? HOW AM I SUPPOSED TO EVEN NOW???? No I'm not crying. YOU'RE CRYING.

*sobs*

This one is like impossible to review without spoilers. I DON'T EVEN KNOW HOW TO WORD RIGHT NOW. I HAVE FEELS.

A BRIEF RECOUNT OF MY THOUGHTS ON THIS ONE:
• Plot twists. PLOT. T.W.I.S.T.S. Omg they were incredible and so well done.
• I'm pleased to announce that Light is back to being evil. Phew. The "good" Light was disconcerting.
• L eats so much though. Like he is ALWAYS EATING.
• Also L actually (view spoiler)
• The fact that Light is so freaking intelligent just pleases me.
• But he's also freaking scary and has such a god complex.
• I felt like this one dragged a bit?? But it did give SUCH vital backstory and we're back to the epic deducing and mind games. HUZZZAH. (The last two books were so dull.)
• Also we're introducing NEW CHARACTERS WHO LOOK TO BE RATHER COOL. Mello and Near are possible child genius prodigy things?? Whatever. They're cute. I like.
• I JUST CANNOT EVEN WITH THE PLOT TWISTS.
• afjdsakfdjalk jafsdk ajfdskaldj

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Death Note, Vol. 7.

June 10, 2016 – Started Reading
June 10, 2016 – Shelved
June 11, 2016 – Shelved as: 4-star
June 11, 2016 – Shelved as: graphic-novel
June 11, 2016 – Shelved as: read-2016
June 11, 2016 – Finished Reading

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)

miranda tamsin MELLO IS BRILLIANT YOU'LL LOVE HIM

message 2: by Cerys (new) - added it

Cerys Oh, I was waiting to see how you'd react when you got here! I wish I could rant spoilers here~
I was so ready to throw this book into the ocean.

C.G. Drews I'M IN DENIAL ABOUT MOST THINGS IN THIS BOOK. *melts into a puddle of tears*

message 4: by Hannah (Ivyclad Ideas) (last edited Jun 11, 2016 03:43PM) (new)

Hannah (Ivyclad Ideas) I read these a year or two ago, so I don't remember exactly what happened in each volume, but THIS IS THE MOST HEARTBREAKING THING THAT EVER HAPPENS. EVER.

...Or is it?

Personally, I prefer L to Mello and Near. That said, Mello is a chocolate addict, and I can totally empathise with that. ;)

C.G. Drews I totally relate to chocolate addictions too. *nods* Mello and Near only JUST got introduced though, so I don't know much about them yet.

Katriann I can't believe L died! It's impossible. I'm heartbroken. Near seems pretty cool though. And Mello isn't too bad either.

message 7: by Inky (new) - added it

Inky 2. Agreed. Bleh.
3. I just noticed this in book 5!!!!! ALWAYS. I'VE NEVER SEEN HIM WITHOUT FOOD.
4. I'm so upset, like, I'm probably gonna cry.