Wanda's Reviews > A Beautiful Dark

A Beautiful Dark by Jocelyn Davies

bookshelves: own, reviewed

I can't remember the last time I felt so strongly about a book ending like I am about this one. Not that I didn't enjoy other book endings. But this one really got to me. It got to me so much that I had to seek out someone who read the book so I can talk about it. But unfortunately I can't share much about the ending without spoiling it. So I'll have to work around it. I absolutely loved this read and can't wait to hear from other readers on their thoughts of this book.

Skye begged her friends not to give her a "surprise" birthday party, but of course when do friends really listen. At her party is where everything changes. She meets this guy that she was drawn to immediately. It was like "De ja vu" with Asher. His whole demeanor annoyed her but she was attracted to him. Then there's Devin, his whole character is calm and relaxed except when he's around Asher. You can slice the tension in the air with a knife when those two are around. They are complete opposites but the one thing they have in common is they both show interest in Skye.

Asher and Devin came to town to help Skye. The problem is that Skye is unaware of their purpose for their visit. All the while spending time with both of the boys, she starts having feelings for both. Asher. Who can resist a bad boy? Then there's Devin, he has a different effect on her. She likes the way she feels when she's around him. The confusion of having two cute guys seeking for your attention. But there's more that meets the eye when it comes to both Asher and Devin.

Damaris came to me and suggested we read this book together. And when we started, we read it so fast we didn't get to talk about it in between the book. That's how good it was. This book is amazing! 5 Stars! 2 Thumbs up! A definite "Good Choice for Reading."

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read A Beautiful Dark.

May 7, 2011 – Started Reading
June 25, 2011 –
page 197
June 27, 2011 –
page 272
69.74% "Time to figure out what to do."
June 27, 2011 – Finished Reading