Heena Rathore P.'s Reviews > Captcha Thief

Captcha Thief by Rosie Claverton

19253213

Note: I received a copy of this book from the author in exchange for an honest review.

"... this time, it wasn't the dead man's face that haunted her, but the delicate features of a woman who'd died a century earlier."

Captcha Thief by Rosie Claverton is a brilliantly thought-out and a cleverly written book.

It has a great pace which edges towards fast, yet at the same time being subtle. I felt compelled to read this book in one sitting, but in spite of being terribly busy, I managed to read it in three.

The suspense and story build-up is truly magical and I was left longing for more when it came to the backgrounds of the lead characters.

The characterization is truly stunning. I felt a really strong connection with Amy in spite of her being too socially awkward for my taste. There were moments when I felt emotions well up inside of me so strong that I literally had to stop myself from screaming at the book.

On the other hand, the character of Jason is so darn unique and good that I developed an instant liking for him. He's this strong yet sensitive guy who's always misunderstood in spite of being a really kind person.

At some places, the main plot gets a little overshadowed by the sub-plots, but the author's clever writing and pacing manage to make the reader feel the urge to know more about the sub-plotline in order to see what's happening in the character's lives.

"The second time was easier, killing someone."

The random sprinkling of chapters of the murderer throughout the book took the story to a whole new level. Also, the use of new hacking techniques made it a really interesting book for me.

The beginning was really good because the murder pulled me into the story right from the first page. It took me only a few chapters to get the flow of the various POVs and after that, the story kept on getting better and better.

The ending is great. It's not the typical mystery sort of ending where the killer is revealed and such, but it ends taking the main character's story into focus. I am eagerly waiting for the next part in this series, and meanwhile, I'm considering buying the first two parts just to get to know Any and Jason better.

I loved this book and I cannot recommend it enough to everyone who loves mystery.

You can also read this review at The Reading Bud.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Captcha Thief.

June 10, 2016 – Shelved