Fahim Akhter's Reviews > Outliers: The Story of Success

Outliers by Malcolm Gladwell

Sep 27, 2016

This is must read for us Pakistanis with a Jew conspiracy theory of success. We who clicks on a Rags to Riches story on a click bait website. Us who in our past time either talk about corrupt politicians or Property Dealers and how much they make.

Every chapter takes you closer to understanding phenomenon we see around us everyday from why people of a certain tribe have longer lives to why east asians are so good at math.

This is the anatomy of success, reading this book makes you stop envying the successful like we usually do and learn not to judge the one's who haven't been. This opens a great world of explanation for success around us and why it is what it is.

I am not a very well read man. But the little that I have read, the first half of this book is by far the best I have read on human behavior, success and it's explanation. Nothing else comes close to it.

The only regret I have is why did it end and why has Gladwell written so few books.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Outliers.

June 9, 2016 – Shelved
June 9, 2016 – Shelved as: to-read
Started Reading
September 23, 2016 – Finished Reading

Zaki Shaheen 'Blink' is also a good book. I think it was his coining of the term '10,000 hours' that made him most successful. I really liked 'Tipping point' as well (I think that is where he describes 10k hour rule). He has his fair share of critique in the literary and self-help circles by the way and it is interesting to read those. Also, check him out on youtube - he is as good a speaker as he is a writer!

Fahim Akhter Should see the youtube. Have read tipping point and loved it. Blink is on the list.

message 3: by Hiba Talat (new) - added it