Cheney Stropus's Reviews > The Story of Jax and Payton

The Story of Jax and Payton by Anita Claire

it was ok

I received this book from the author for a review. I wasn't super excited considering I read one of her other books from the Princesses of Silicon Valley series and didn't care for it much, but I'm always willing to give books a try. While I did enjoy this book a lot more, it is still not one of my favorites. I liked the way the plot rolled on in this book, and I enjoyed the relationship between the two main characters. I thought the relationships they had outside each other, i.e. their friends, we're forced and unrealistic though. I also thought the "steamy" scenes, and I use that term lightly, needed a lot of work. Sometimes they were rushed and I was left to infer what happened, and sometimes there were details, but the verbiage used was elementary at best and made me feel like I was listening to someone describing their middle school dance experiences. Things like, "he grabbed my butt", and the use of the word "boob", make it very juvenile. It seemed like at times Payton was very unsure of herself and then sometimes became a sex kitten. A little contradictory to me. I thought the plot line about her being a hacker and getting back into the hacking game was kind of cool, but even that came off as mundane and boring. And I thought it was lame that she felt like she needed to keep her Everyman sleep schedule a secret was just plain lame! Who cares if she only sleeps like 4 hours a day! I sleep 5! I don't feel ashamed! It means I'm busy reading or watching hockey! Pretty dumb that she thought that would somehow be a deal breaker! I also would have liked a little more follow-up with what happened to the people who originally hacked him! She found them and got them to turn on each other, but what happened with Justin? What happened with Bruce and JC? I don't need a ton of info, but I feel like there could have been more. I also felt like the end was pretty rushed. It was kind of just all of a sudden over. I honestly didn't want anymore, but would have liked a little more build up. Better than the "Princesses" series, but still not one I'd really recommend.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Story of Jax and Payton.

June 9, 2016 – Started Reading