L.E.Olteano 's Reviews > 30 Failures by Age 30

30 Failures by Age 30 by Katharine!

5203869
May 07, 2011

bookshelves: blog-review, reviewed, received-for-review
Read on June 25, 2011

Originally posted at Butterfly-o-Meter Books on Jul 25 2011:

Oh my God!
When I started reading this magnificent little jewel I had a plan: just look it over, get a general idea and leave it for a Sunday read. I failed, oh how I phailed! I just couldn’t stop reading it, and then all of a sudden, there was no more!
No more of the funny, witty, touching and generally enchanting writing of Katharine Miller. “More”, my little black soul screamed, “more”!

Her writing is genius, and I am going to fangirl all over this post. Oh yes I am!
Structured in 30 fabulous essays, Volume 1 of, I hope, many many more, deals with all sorts of topics, ranging from health issues to the proper etiquette in nudism and being flat chested. The light, fun, and impossible to resist way she writes effectively covers a heap of “little life pleasures” many of us I’m sure have had to deal with.
I will not expand on the content though, I don’t wanna spoil your read guys. Sufficient to say, if I were strand on a desert island, and I’d be sure I’d never be rescued, I’d certainly choose her essay series to keep me company till my very last moment. I mean that in the most positive way, being me, I’d be extremely picky about my last ever read. And if ever there was a way to go, that’d be giggling, I say!

Though Katharine Miller hasn’t paid any 50$ fee to enter a contest (reference to one of her essays, don’t get any wacky ideas!), I do award her my most special award, the highest distinction on the fun-o-meter scale, and the all-around “tee-hee” magnificence distinction.

I wholeheartedly encourage everyone and anyone to read her beautiful essays, as I’m sure they’ll lighten your mood, brighten your day, and make time fly by in the most pleasurable of ways. Don’t miss out on reading this, I guarantee you’ll love it to bits, just as I do.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read 30 Failures by Age 30.