Barbi Faye (The Book Fae)'s Reviews > Gnomes

Gnomes by Rien Poortvliet

bookshelves: biograhical-bookies, fantastical-faes, fantasy-fiction, favorites
Recommended to Barbi Faye (The Book Fae) by: Gnomes and Faeries!
Recommended for: Every Fantasy Fan and Forest Denizen!
Read 10 times. Last read June 9, 1982.

I loved reading this book as a kid - it was straight up hard lined magic and the little naked gnome ass really struck a chord with my fantasy addled brain. Yes!! Loved it!!!
This is the definitive #1 bestselling guide and handbook to everything and all things gnome. Fantasy filled and whimsical always, being a gnome is serious stuff however. All facts are covered in every aspect of gnome life; including courting, marriage and child raising, growing food, medicine, good friends, bad enemies, and relations with all manner of forest denizens. The layers of magic are real. I loved reading all of this...!
The awesome illustrative artwork will transport you to another world; one filled with grand gnomes if you should only be learned enough to find them! This is a six star gem, if you should ever find this book, buy it on the spot, no library is complete without it! I have had mine for decades, and decades of good memories to boot...!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Gnomes.

June 9, 1982 – Started Reading
June 9, 1982 – Finished Reading
June 9, 2016 – Shelved
June 9, 2016 – Shelved as: biograhical-bookies
June 9, 2016 – Shelved as: fantastical-faes
June 9, 2016 – Shelved as: fantasy-fiction
June 9, 2016 – Shelved as: favorites

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)

Sam (Rescue Dog Mom, Writer, Hugger) Barbi Faye, I took a good look at this book on Amazon. I gotta have it!

Barbi Faye (The Book Fae) It's an amazing gnome tome!! Its just a book, but it is pure magic when you open its pages; IT WILL ENCHANT YOU! And its adorable, and timeless, It was published in 77 I think. I hope you find one. I read a lot of people found their copy like a treasure at yard sales or old book shops---good luck!

Sam (Rescue Dog Mom, Writer, Hugger) Thanks for the tip. How cute!

Barbi Faye (The Book Fae) You're welcome! It's a great book! And thanks for the likes! <3