Melissa ♥ Dog/Wolf Lover ♥ Martin's Reviews > I Let You Go

I Let You Go by Clare Mackintosh

Jun 09, 2016

bookshelves: own, mystery-thriller-etc

I can't believe this book! And the significance of the words "OMG" written in the sand has to do with both my reaction and something in the book that I'm not going to tell you!

Headlights glint on wet tarmac, the dazzle blinding them every few seconds. Waiting for a break in the traffic they duck across the busy road, and she tightens her grip on the small hand inside the soft woollen glove, so he has to run to keep up. Sodden leaves cling to the railings, their bright colours darkening to a dull brown.

People, if you have not read this book and you are planning on it! READ IT! And don't put it down even if it gets a little bland at one point. This book takes a twist that blew me away! There is nothing like a book that will do that and Clare Mackintosh did that with this book! When all of the pieces fit together you are left sitting.. staring.. thinking, how, what.. did she really just do that? Did she twist that book so freaking much that it resembles a pretzel?

I'm NOT giving out a spoiler, not even a tiny one, because this is one of those books you need to find out for yourself. I was actually wondering after the first little bit why the book had such high reviews and then it smacks you right in the face!

After a tragedy occurs in Jenna Gray's life, she leaves town and tries to start up a new life. But you can never leave the past behind, it hurts, it haunts, it finds you.

Oh dear Lord, I have to stop here before I give something away. I so want to tell all of you every little thing so you can have the OMG moment with me!

And I have to mention that this UK edition has a most beautiful cover! ♥

MY BLOG: Melissa Martin's Reading List

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read I Let You Go.

June 9, 2016 – Started Reading
June 9, 2016 – Shelved
June 9, 2016 – Shelved as: own
June 9, 2016 – Shelved as: mystery-thriller-etc
June 28, 2016 –
page 22
5.93% "Sorry guys I haven't been on here to like your stuff today. I found out last night I had that netgalley book due in two days! So I started it and while the kindle was charging this morning I started this one. I hope to get this one and maybe two little ones done before Friday because I have some good books coming up to read in July! Woot! Well I assume they will be good :-) ♥"
June 29, 2016 – Finished Reading

message 1: by Choko (new)

Choko Wonderful review, M!!! Have to check it out!

Melissa ♥ Dog/Wolf Lover ♥ Martin Thank you sweet pea! OMG! You have to, I really was at one point thinking this is okay but I'm sort of bleh so what's going to happen and it like I said in my review, it smacks you right in your face.

Other than giving out a spoiler there is no way anyone can figure out this twist :-)

Linda Love your review, Melissa! I absolutely agree with you. This was one special book.

Melissa ♥ Dog/Wolf Lover ♥ Martin Thank you Linda :-) It took all I could not to give it all away!

Jennifer Masterson Great review, Melissa! I'm so glad you loved this one, too! :D

Melissa ♥ Dog/Wolf Lover ♥ Martin Thank you, Jennifer! It was so amazing :-D

Cynthia Reading now and loving it! I just got to an OMG part!

Melissa ♥ Dog/Wolf Lover ♥ Martin That's awesome! :-)

message 9: by Diane (new) - added it

Diane With a review like this, how can one not pick it up? Thank you for the most intriguing review ever!

Melissa ♥ Dog/Wolf Lover ♥ Martin Awwww, thank you so much! :-) I had to keep it short or I would have given out spoilers. It's soooo good and I hope you enjoy it.

message 11: by Mary (new) - rated it 5 stars

Mary Totally understand your reaction!!! Read it a few months ago...I agree with everything you said!

Deanna Great review, Melissa! :)

Suzanne So glad you loved it, Melissa! I loved it too, very CLEVER PICS!! Great review!

Melissa ♥ Dog/Wolf Lover ♥ Martin Deanna wrote: "Great review, Melissa! :)"

Melissa ♥ Dog/Wolf Lover ♥ Martin Suzanne wrote: "So glad you loved it, Melissa! I loved it too, very CLEVER PICS!! Great review!"

Thank you, Suzanne! I knew you would get the sand thing ;-) what a wonderful book!

message 17: by ♛ Garima ♛ (new)

♛ Garima ♛ Excellent review Melissa! Though I'd like to but I'm bit creeped out by moth on cover page. Reminds me of 'Silence of Lambs'.

Melissa ♥ Dog/Wolf Lover ♥ Martin Thank you hon :-). Silence of the Lambs would be a very creepy thought! Now it's in my head. Lol

Carol I love your OMG in the sand!!

Melissa ♥ Dog/Wolf Lover ♥ Martin Thank you hon :-) I think it fit perfect with .. um.. things in the book :-)

Elyse I do think this is a good discussion book

Melissa ♥ Dog/Wolf Lover ♥ Martin I think it would be too :-)

Elyse :) xox

message 25: by *eKa* (new) - added it

*eKa* It's $1,99 on Amazon right now for kindle version and I bought it right away. Hope i'll like it too :D

Melissa ♥ Dog/Wolf Lover ♥ Martin That's awesome :-). I really hope you like it!

Kendall Very nice review Melissa!!! Love your enthusiasm! :)

Melissa ♥ Dog/Wolf Lover ♥ Martin Thank you, Kendall :-)

message 29: by Anushree (new) - added it

Anushree Fab review Mel....I loved it....Guess you too loved it

message 30: by Anushree (new) - added it

Anushree I wil definitely check out for this book

Melissa ♥ Dog/Wolf Lover ♥ Martin Thank you hon =). You should definitely read it!

Kevin Love the sand writing! Thanks for the recommendation...as a dog lover myself there was at least one villain I hated the most!

Leila Loved this book!

message 34: by Candace (new) - added it

Candace Mel, outstanding review! I've decided to give this book a try.