Kazza's Reviews > Balancing Act

Balancing Act by K. Vale

liked it
bookshelves: author-supplied-a-copy, arc, contemporary, sexy-romance

I feel bummed because I struggled with Greg in this instalment from part way through. It started out okay with him, with them. I still adore Kyrie, he is gorgeous, but Greg wasn't the guy I loved in Hard Act to Follow. I simply wanted Kyrie to up and leave Greg for quite a bit of this follow-up book. That really upsets me because I get emotionally involved with characters I love and I take it hard.

The chemistry between the two is still off the charts, maybe even more than Hard Act, but I'm very conflicted on how to rate it. Parts are good but parts anger me.

It's been weeks since I read this and I'm trying to wrap my head around two characters I thought were so right for one another having this happen to them.

It works out, Greg promises to change, but the damage is done - for me - and I don't know I can forgive him. It's Kyrie that has to and he does, a bit too easily for me, but... you know.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Balancing Act.

June 9, 2016 – Started Reading
June 9, 2016 – Shelved
July 3, 2016 –
5.0% ""Whose tight ass is this, Kyr?"\n Jealous, horny Greg had to be Kyrie's favorite sex toy. "It can be yours.""
July 3, 2016 – Shelved as: author-supplied-a-copy
July 3, 2016 – Shelved as: arc
July 3, 2016 – Shelved as: contemporary
July 3, 2016 – Shelved as: sexy-romance
July 4, 2016 –
21.0% "Wow. This is a Greg I don't like."
July 4, 2016 –
50.0% "Leave him, Kyrie. Seriously."
July 4, 2016 –
72.0% " Oh my fucking god!! \n "We! Are? Friends?" he roared. "That's it!" He bashed a fist against the time-scarred wall, leaving a dent. "Just because my friend is a faggot does not make me one! They're not fucking contagious!"\n Annnnd, I don't tolerate this sort of shit and neither should Kyrie, who just over heard being called a faggot. Unnecessary, derogatory terminology."
July 4, 2016 –
77.0% "You know, that's not right or fair. Someone's father beating the shit out of them is different to someone's mother just being a surly, self-centred bitch."
July 5, 2016 – Finished Reading