Jenny Dauksa Schaber's Reviews > Shift

Shift by Sidney Bristol

bookshelves: z-2016-read, netgalley-copy

Emery is a technical genius, knows nearly everything there is to know about his entire team and has a secret crush on Tori. He's the strong, silent computer nerd, but he's got another trick up his sleeve...he's also a field agent and good at putting away the bad guys. Tori's an FBI asset, mechanic and street racer. Her father was closely tied to the Russian mob. When Dad's past comes to eliminate Tori's future, Emery intercepts the intel. With no help (or apparent concern) from his team leader, Emery picks Tori up and they go into hiding - which is when they act on their mutual attraction. There's a lot of action, suspense, humor and their own romance which is as unique as they are. This book progressed at a pace that rivals the cars she works on and races. I enjoyed this couple more that I thought that I would. They are a bit of an unlikely pair but really are great together. I will warn you that this is book 2 in the series. It can be read as a stand alone (as I did). The characters on the team (as well as their function within the team) are well described so I wasn't at a loss by not reading book 1. I will be picking it up as well as the rest of the series as it becomes available. BUT the story doesn't come to a complete conclusion as it is continued on with the next book in the series. There is enough of a wrap up for plenty of closure for Emery and Tori's story. The bigger picture will continue into book 3. I recommend this series as well as this author for fast paced action with plenty of heart.
I received a NetGalley copy in exchange for review.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Shift.

Started Reading