Jenny (Reading Envy)'s Reviews > Curtsies & Conspiracies

Curtsies & Conspiracies by Gail Carriger

bookshelves: read2016, audiobook, sci-fi-fantasy, ya

This series is just a lot of fun, and even better in audio, performed by Moira Quirk. She handles the silly names and bizarre situations with the formality required for any proper lady. I was reminded of this series and the rest of Gail Carriger's series that I've started and not finished when I talked to Rose Davis on the Reading Envy Podcast - she had just listened to the first book of the newest series, Prudence, and when I knew I was going to spend half the day in the car driving to and from a workshop, I downloaded this immediately.

The Finishing School series (where eligible women are learning how to properly finish a person, as in end their life!) takes place almost entirely on a giant school shaped dirigible, and all the chapters are named after tests since Sophronia is going through her first major evaluation. There is a situation bringing the men's mad scientist school into their vicinity, and as you can imagine, fun hijinks ensue.

Because my current bedside read is a book in another Carriger series (Changeless), it was most interesting to realize that there are some characters that crossover, despite the fact that the finishing school books take place 15 years ahead of the Parasol Protectorate.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Curtsies & Conspiracies.

June 8, 2016 – Started Reading