Linda Strong's Reviews > Seconds to Live

Seconds to Live by Melinda Leigh

bookshelves: netgalley-2016, read-in-2016

Police Detective Stella Dane is investigating the murder of a young woman whose body was found in an alley. It’s obvious she was tortured before taking an overdose of heroine. What’s worse is that Stella knows the victim personally.

And then a second abduction and another body found, much in the same way as the first one.
Wildlife Biologist Mac Barrett arrives back in town to see his dying father, only to find that he is too late. All of his family live in Scarlet Falls, but because of some past history … and a huge secret that he carries …. he’s been staying away.

Seeing Stella again makes him yearn to set down roots, but first he has to share his secret. Stella has always had a ‘thing’ for Mac, but because he stays away for months at a time, she’s never let herself get too attached to him.

When the killer targets Stella, Mac is determined to protect her.

I have enjoyed this romantic suspense series. Mostly suspense… with just enough romance to add to the story and not detract. I like watching the relationship between Stella and Mac grow amidst all the danger that surrounds them.

My rating is 5 stars … both for this story and the series as a whole.

Many thanks to the author / Montlake Romance / NetGalley who provided a digital copy in exchange for an honest, unbiased review.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Seconds to Live.

June 8, 2016 – Shelved
June 8, 2016 – Shelved as: to-read
June 15, 2016 – Started Reading
June 16, 2016 – Shelved as: netgalley-2016
June 16, 2016 – Shelved as: read-in-2016
June 16, 2016 – Finished Reading

Comments Showing 1-11 of 11 (11 new)

Melissa ♥ Dog/Wolf Lover ♥ Martin Great review hon :-)

Linda Strong Melissa wrote: "Great review hon :-)"

Thank you! :-)

Melissa ♥ Dog/Wolf Lover ♥ Martin Your welcome :-)

Debbie Oxier Thanks for the review. Can't wait to read it. I've really enjoyed this series.

Linda Strong Debbie wrote: "Thanks for the review. Can't wait to read it. I've really enjoyed this series."

I think this is one of her better ones :-)

message 6: by Angela (new) - added it

Angela DeSilva Really good review I may have this already from netgalley I'll have to check it out.

Linda Strong Angela wrote: "Really good review I may have this already from netgalley I'll have to check it out."

Thanks! even though it;s 3rd in the series, each one works well as a stand-alone

PattyMacDotComma Great - you've sold me! It's still available as Read Now, so I shall (well, soon). THANKS!

Linda Strong PattyMacDotComma wrote: "Great - you've sold me! It's still available as Read Now, so I shall (well, soon). THANKS!

I'll be looking forward to your review!

message 10: by Maureen (new) - added it

Maureen I'm adding this to my "want to read" list! Your review convinced me!

Linda Strong Maureen wrote: "I'm adding this to my "want to read" list! Your review convinced me!"

Thanks! I hope you enjoy!