Nadine Larter's Reviews > The Color Master

The Color Master by Aimee Bender

bookshelves: my-library, my-library-read

Can I mark a book five stars purely because my own ideas have been going haywire since I started reading it? That seems fair, doesn't it? I have such a love for Aimee Bender despite the fact that I'm not nearly quirky enough to understand half of what she is saying. She gives me pause, though. The kind of pause that is hopeful with regards to my own self and my own abilities. I have lead a life of such rules. Always. This is what you have to do to be an acceptable girl. An acceptable scholar. An acceptable human. All the wrong things I have blamed on myself: my unacceptableness, my inability to grasp the rules. The rules of how you should be in order to be acceptable. But all of Aimee is just bonkers a bit. And if Aimee can go around being bonkers and making up her own rules and just writing whatever the hell story she feels like writing even though sometimes they don't make sense even when they do make sense. Well then maybe I can give up this list of rules and just do what I want to do too, right? I love you, Aimee. Thank you.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Color Master.

June 7, 2016 – Shelved