Kim Bishop's Reviews > Veiled in Darkness

Veiled in Darkness by Valerie Twombly

20835511

Veiled In Darkness is part two of the epic love story and battle between good vs. evil! Ashley is the Angel of Death and she is mated to Eli, an Angel and hunter. Ashley has restored Eli's soul to him via Lucifer in exchange for herself. Lucifer wants Ashley's abilities badly, and with her by his side, he can grow his army and pursue his desire for world domination, mwahahahaha!

Ashley had only just begun to learn who and what she was when she was taken by Lucifer. She had already bonded with Eli, and that connection along with the distance was killing the both of them not being able to be together. Lucifer tries to break Ashley and make her a compliant servant, but it doesn't end up working out for him so much. Ashley slowly begins to learn her true nature, and that she has powers beyond her wildest dreams. When Ashley divines a plan to get out of her contract with Lucifer, she pools her resources with the most unusual characters. Once Eli and his band of Angels get involved, they discover what Lucifer is really up to, and that changes the entire game plan. And let the battle begin!

The characters are pretty damn well written! I loved how Ashley's character grew into her new identity! She was a far cry from her “Justice” role in the first book, Fall Into Darkness! Building her family tree, and giving her the knowledge of her parents relationship was well played by the author. If it weren't for that, I don't believe Tegan's character would have survived the story. Also, adding new loyal followers to be part of Ashley's inner circle was a great idea considering how this book plays out. The two new personalities add that certain “something” that brings the present and future together smoothly. The sexy times with Ashley and Eli are panty melting, and a very much needed connection to show how deeply they desire one another. The epilogue leaves me with much sadness. I would have been better off without that nugget of information just yet. With that, it leaves me with anxious anticipation for the next book to see how things play out.

*Book provided by the author for an honest review*

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Veiled in Darkness.

Finished Reading