Sophie's Reviews > The Replacement Crush

The Replacement Crush by Lisa Brown Roberts

Jun 05, 2016

Netgalley copy in exchange for an honest review.

Vivian just has to face it: Jake never thought they were a thing, and it’s better to pretend that their summer “fling” never happened. In order to move on, she decides to build a “safe date” list, choosing boys that would not break her heart and stomp on it.

And when Dallas pops into her life, you might think everything will come into place. But it just doesn’t work for her.

Not yet.

***

Part of the acknowledgement is dedicated to the book bloggers and the book lovers. So now it’s my turn to praise and send the love to the wonderful author of this wonderful book.

In short, I loved it, from beginning to end. I read it in one sitting, and I couldn’t put it down - it was that good.

I have to say I am very weak against books about books. So when I read that Vivian was working in her mom’s bookshop (who is an author herself), reading all the time and keeping a book blog, I thought HELL YEAH BRING IT ON! So from the beginning I had a connection with the main character, and that connection stayed strong all throughout the story.

I loved it: it’s easy to read, funny, light and yet addressing important issues, such as feminism, bullying and sexual harrasment.

The characters are absolutely loveable. I just wish I had a group of friends as colourful and funny as Vivian’s.

The balance is perfect, between seriousness and fun. In short, this book felt like a hug, to me. (That’s my rating system)

Now I need to go and check out the other books by this author. Don’t mind me.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Replacement Crush.

June 5, 2016 – Started Reading