Duane's Reviews > The Velveteen Rabbit

The Velveteen Rabbit by Margery Williams Bianco

bookshelves: childrens, rated-books, 2016-book-challenge, short-stories, reviewed-books

Shame on you "Toy Story", you knocked off "The Velveteen Rabbit' and didn't even say thank you. Of course this was published in 1922, seventy-three years before Toy Story, so most of today's children haven't read this, which is a shame because it's a sweet story, soft and gentle like the little rabbit.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Velveteen Rabbit.

June 5, 2016 – Shelved
June 6, 2016 – Shelved as: 2016-book-challenge
June 6, 2016 – Shelved as: short-stories
June 6, 2016 – Shelved as: reviewed-books
June 6, 2016 – Finished Reading

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)

Sara Love this story. Read it when I was a child to my little sisters and then later in life to my grandchildren. I true classic.

message 2: by Cecily (new)

Cecily It maybe of some consolation to you to know that it's had quite a revival in the UK, both as a children's book - and as a reading at weddings!

Fabian {Councillor} This is easily my favorite childrens book of all time - sweet and gentle, yet with such an important message!

Elyse (retired from reviewing/semi hiatus) Walters As Councillor said (above me) ---this is easily my favorite children's book of all time ---"sweet and gentle, yet with such an important message!"........

Its a priceless book in this house --lots of personal special meaning with our family! Own it ---(I wrote a message in it to my daughter when she was 5 years old) ...She is 34 now.

Carol I love your review, Duane..."knocked off "Toy Story" indeed!!