Zeek's Reviews > Fire and Rain

Fire and Rain by Elizabeth Lowell

May 05, 2011

liked it
bookshelves: favorite-author-all-time, favorites-all-time, western-rom, alpha-hero, romance

I loved these when they were category romances back in the day. Doing a re-read of the series right now to get reviews up.

Wow- Luke has gotta be one of the stubbornest sonofagun heroes I ever wanted to slap the back of a head on in a romance novel. He loved Carla- his best friends little sister- desperately. But he couldn't believe she'd ever want to stay on a ranch the rest of her life- sure she'd run off like his mother and many Mackenzie women before her. So he ran her off instead.

But she's back. Now that she's finished school she wants both Luke and all that comes with him. And he's helpless to resist her. Now he's gotta learn to trust that she truly does want him AND the life they can build together on the Rocking M ranch.

Beside the sexual tension- which these old books do well- I like the setting and the characters that live on the ranch. It's fun being part of their lives, however overwrought they may be.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Fire and Rain.

04/13/2016 marked as: read