Bia's Reviews > Pieces of Us

May 05, 2011

bookshelves: books-i-own
Read on February 20, 2012

3.5 Stars!

This is another emotional book that I read in less than a week. Although you won’t become best friends with the tissues like the previous book I read, you will feel sad at some moments.

Charlotte Barnes and Cameron Harper fell in love really young. They got married really fast and had the perfect married live you could imagine for two or three years or so Charlotte thought. (view spoiler)

Looking for a fresh start, Charlotte moves to a different city and starts over. In Boston she meets Owen, a police officer that is a sweetheart. He is kind, charming, patient, funny and above all loves Char to the moon.

"What is it?" I asked.
"This is the GIRLS' locker room," Owen said.
"Uh-huh," I replied, not really understanding.
He shook his head slightly and gave me a boyish grin. "Sorry. It's just a teenage fantasy of mine to be in here."
"Ah, and I'm sure in the fantasy there were lots of naked girls."
"Just one," he said huskily.

With him, Char learned the importance of communication and that you can have ideas that are completely different from the person you love, but at the end of the day, you just have to be yourself and share the things with the one you love! They move back to her home town and Char reconnects with the Harpers because they are part of her family. She learns the truth behind her divorce and Cameron’s betrayal but that doesn’t mean she has a closure. Now, her feelings are all over the place and she doesn’t know which guy she should have.

I personally have strong feelings about cheating. I know everyone can make mistakes but I wouldn’t have the same type of relationship with that person again (I learned that the hard way…). I could forgive the person, because that would give me peace.

It’s a charming story. Really fast to read and for Cam and Char the end was the best possibility.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Pieces of Us.

02/20/2012 page 15