Lover of Romance's Reviews > Rock Steady

Rock Steady by Dawn Ryder

This review was originally posted on Addicted To Romance My Review Updated

In Rock Steady, we have our hero who is guitarist for the rock metal band Toxsin. But when a groupie gets him drunk and he finds himself with a cherry tattoo on his stomach, he needs a emergency fix from a tattoo artist and they find the best of the best...Jewel. Jewel against her parents advice, moved to the big city, found a small run down apartment that she can barely afford, to live the dream of being an tatoo artist. Her dream however isn't what she ever expected with a ass of a boss. But when superstar rocker and his band walks in needing her help....fireworks explode between herself and a predator of a male who wants her.
"I'm going to kiss you first"

His voice was raspy with promise, setting alarm bells as well as anticipation.

"Bad idea—" she managed to push past her lips before her brain fried.

"I'm all bad, Jewel " he informed her a split second before he claimed her mouth. If it was a kiss, then she'd never been kissed before.

But Jewel has her own values and refuses to be a one night stand. But when she loses her job because of aiding them, Ramsey gives her an offer she can't refuse, especially if she doesn't want to be living on the street with days. She starts an adventure with Ramsey and his rock band, a life she never imagined full of excitement, passion and some deceit she will have to muddle through. But what I loved most about this book was the chemistry we find here. Now at first I thought this was a new author, however this is a pen name for Mary Wine (a favorite HR author of mine) and she has done rock stars so well. I was very intrigued by this one and it was quite a fun book. There were some moments of grammar errors though which was a bit distracting while reading, but otherwise it was a solid romance. There were some misunderstandings that take place---mostly two complete opposites learning a new way of forming a relationship. I loved the chemistry between these two....I could almost feel it sizzle down my spine while reading and man this made me respect this author even more!! I was very intrigued by the first book which I have yet to read. You can be sure I will be one clicking it because man I loved those two and the way they practically push these two together to find their HEA. There were some moments the story felt a bit rushed at times but overall this was a sexy romance that I couldn't get enough of!! Bring on more rockers.

Series Order (2)

[foogallery id="21847"]

About The Author Updated

photo Addicted To Romance Reviews 2_zpsplp8m0tb.png

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Rock Steady.

June 5, 2016 – Started Reading